Chapter 3 - Camilo's newfound arrogance.

Warning: if you are going to criticize me about how Camilo's isn't like this, please don't :)

Warning: The following scenes might be a little viewer sensitive 

I sprinted up the flights of stairs and ran into my room. As I flopped down on my bed, I felt something. It was smooth, but rough. I looked up and saw a price of crumpled paper. I opened it up, just curious to see.

I read the following words:

Dear Camilo, 

I'm really sorry that I did something to your sister. I didn't mean it. I'm pretty sure you know why... Anyways you're going to be the first person I tell this to, but I am going on a quest to save the magic! I was wondering, if you want to help me. 

Love,

Mira.

"Was she insane?! She upset my sister, for this?! The magic isn't dying! Antonio just got his gift yesterday!!" I thought to myself. I marched on over to the candle and saw it. It was fine. Then I went to Mirabel's room, and without even knocking I barged in

"Camilo!" She yelped. "Knock first please! You gave me a scare!"

"I don't care. You need to tell me what nonsense this is!" I spoke. I held up the piece of paper in her face.

"Y-you weren't supposed to see that." she muttered.

"What do you mean?! It was on my bed! I demand you tell me what it was doing there!" 

"Well, I wrote it in your room, before dinner. I read it over and over to make sure it was perfect but ended up tossing it away. Guess it missed." She said it with a sense of annoyance in her voice. I got so ticked off by this that I began to raise my tone. I took a deep breath, 

"Just like Abuela does..." I thought.

"Are you really trying to test my patience?! In a second, you'll get beaten up and won't be able to move your precious little fingers." This wasn't me. I wasn't like this. You see, I was partially mad, but I never wanted to scream at Mirabel. It's just that, Abuela said if Mirabel makes you angry, yell at her. This woman can't do anything right.

"N-no Camilo, it's not like that! I'm so sorry." she whimpered. 

I felt a surge of power rush through my body. 

"If you're so sorry, I want you to go up to my sister and apologize!!" I yelled. She took a couple steps back, but I didn't care. She looked at me with fear in her eyes.

Ah. Fear. It made me in total control.

"Go on. Apologize." I whispered. I got so close to her face that I could feel her heavy breathing.

"I-I'll do it!" She cried. Just please don't hurt me!"

"As long as you say sowwy to my sissy," I whined. I found myself dragging her out of the nursery. She was kicking and screaming, but no one could stop me. Everyone was in their soundproof rooms, asleep. 

I gently knocked on the door. "Oh Dolores! Mirabel has something she wants to say to you!" I spoke. No reply, of course. I kicked open the door, dragging Mirabel inside. Dolores immediately sprung awake.

"Camilo. What are you doing?" she whispered. "Put her down."

"Okay." I spoke. I dropped Mirabel down, who was crawling to get away.

"Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Not so fast hun." I said. I lifted her by the shirt and put her infront of Dolores, then dropped her. Dolores rushed over to Mirabel's side.

"Camilo! Are you crazy?" she whispered. 

"I Dunno." I spoke. "Anyways Mirabel, go on. Say it." 

She looked at me and we made eye contact. For a second, I felt like me again. Then I looked away.  She needed to apologize. 

"Dolores, I...am..so-rry !" She whispered.

"No need, go and get some sleep. I'll talk to Camilo." She whispered back. Mirabel scrambled out of the room like a lost puppy. 

"Camilo! What was that all about?" She gently said. I looked away.

"I just wanted to make her apologize to you." I said. "It just got a little out of control." 

"Don't do it ever again." She sternly said.

"B-but." 

"No buts! She is your cousin! Remember you guys used to play together? Now, I want you to go to your room and think about what you've done."

"Please don't tell mami" 

"I won't as long as I never see this side of you again."

"Okay"