Chapter 2

Yasmeen's P. O. V

We are living in a polythene roofed shelter. So cold. My hands tremble as some fallen leaves and straw to the Fire. The dancing Flames of fire reminds me of the sadness in my life. Everyone is so used to living hair in this slum. As if it is their own country. People are starting to forget that nothing is our. My stomach hurts., reminding me that I haven't eaten anything for the past 2 days.
Horrible memories of past teams rushing back in my mind even though I don't want to remember them.

'' finally after sailing for days, we finally reached  Bangladesh. will they help us? we don't know. everyone is panicked no one knows what will happen to us. I miss everyone. I lost everything.?! where will I go now?! I almost get downtrodden by the people, who are  rushing to the bank. a girl catches my hand saves my life and that was Meena. since then I am living with them. "

" Yasmeen! " oh, no meena's mom is calling me. I have to go now or she will be very angry. She does all the chores by me, but I do not mind. As long as she lets me live with them. We received some foods but Meena's family is big. They are six, so the food is not enough so I didn't get anything to eat.

"Yes, aunty", I said to kadiza, Meena's mom.
Kadiza said, "Yasmin you are a big girl now. almost 18.  I hope you will understand, what  I am saying to you. girls in families like us, get married even earlier but it is already late for you, so I arranged a marriage for you."
"What?! with whom?!"
"With Mizan. He is such a good man and he earns a lot, he will take great care of you."
"But aunty, he was Married Three Times in the last year already and all of his wife's vanished 1 months after they are married."
" I think those stupid girls eloped with someone, you don't do something like that. would you? so get ready."
I stare at her in shock
" Of course, I don't do something like that, but when is the marriage? why do I have to get ready now? "
" But , I don't want to marry, Mizan, aunty "
" You don't have a choice, We can't bear your cost anymore. And you getting beautiful day by day, some will rape you, here "
" No, please don't do this, I don't want to marry him, he is a monster, he will hurt me and sell me to someone else. "I said.

" Don't talk nonsense, stop making up things " she said.
" I am not telling lies, Please believe me. " I said.
Before I knew anything, she slapped me across my face."
"Stop whining, we rohingya girl don't whine, cause no one listens to us" she screams. And throws the wedding dress at my face, it is just a new shalwar Kamiz. I throw it away. I don't want this. I start crying.