5 | You're Alive?

______________

See You Again by Tyler, The Creator

"Can I get a kiss? And can you make it last forever?"

______________

2046

__________

Y/N sat in the back of the chariot with Judy as their mom and dad sat in the front. Y/N sat behind their dad, who was driving, as Judy sat behind their mom.

"Let's hope the radio on the Watanabes Jupiter works better than ours," John said as he drove the vehicle. "We need to talk to the Resolute. Let them know our situation."

"Hmm," Maureen agreed, looking out the window, not paying full attention to the man.

"What you looking at?"

"Nothing," Maureen looked ahead of her with a sigh, "just trying to get my bearings."

John nodded and then said to everyone, "oh, hey, before we get there, nothing about the Robot, okay?"

"I shouldn't tell Hiroki?" Maureen looked at John, "Hiroki's an exobiologist. He's literally an expert in alien biology."

"It's not Hiroki I'm worried about," John shook his head.

"Bear left here," Maureen pointed as John followed her instructions. She then looked over at him, "then why not tell?"

"He doesn't want to tell because of who he'll talk to and then who they talk to. We don't need anyone knowing we have a 6'8, giant 550-pound Robot that could melt ice with its hands and lift us as if we were nothing. That's bad publicity, mamá," Y/N nodded as she looked through her wrist communicator.

"She's right," John nodded, "we don't know how people are going to react. Or it to them."

"The truth will come out eventually," Maureen nodded, "it always does."

After a few moments silence, Judy cleared her throat and leaned forward. "Can we take a moment to appreciate how Y/N and Dad agreed on something."

John chuckled at his grinning daughter as Y/N looked down at her communicator, reading files, but trying to hide her very small smirk.

When they arrived at the Watanabes Jupiter, John parked, and they all hopped out, hugging the family they missed. After all the hugs were exchanged, Y/N walked back to the Chariot and grabbed her first aid bag as she heard someone else walk out of the Jupiter.

"Hey, hi, Don West." The man walked towards everyone, holding a chicken, "which one of you guys is the paramedic?"

"I am," Y/N walked back to the group, but froze when she looked up to see who Don West was.