Meeting the Madrigals

Rosita POV:

Rosita trudged through the forest hoping to find another village where she could stay for a while, needing to get away from your past.

About a while later she comes across a clearing and see a colourful village. She let out a breathy sigh of relief as you were exhausted. She quickly hid behind and shapeshift into a random young man and walk into the village. People were so cheerful and happy and you secretly feel bad for what you'll do here for a while. Looking for a target, you spot a couple working in their yard and a small young girl inside. She then hide behind a stand and transform into the woman and walk inside the home. The girl spotted her and said "Hi mama! Can I pleaseee, go to the festival?".

Rosita don't know how the mother sounds so you give her a nod and the child jumps up and gives you a hug and then goes back to playing. She then quickly grabbed some food and a blanket and walk out quickly. She quickly walked past the home and into an ally way. She sighed from relief and took a bite from an apple your stomach growling from not eating in a couple days. She look around and see that this seemed to be the back of a shop and spot a ladder. Rosita climbed up onto the roof and see a whole in the roof covered by a tarp and go inside. Inside, it looked to be an attic and you decide to stay here until you move to a new village and place your newly found materials there, deciding to stay for the night. Rosita shape shifted back to herself and layed down on the blanket, re evaluating her messy life.

From a young age, she had been different and never fit in. At the age of 9 she found out you had the power to shapeshift into anyone you had seen before. Her awful parents called her a monster and people had begun to start to try to kill her. Tears filled in her eyes to the memory, she ran away from home. From that day on, on her 9th birthday she decided to never trust anyone. She survived from stealing using your powers. Yes, she felt bad but had no other choice. She had tried to work before but no one would hire her because she dropped out of school earlier. Now at the age of 15, she went from village to village hoping to find a way to stay.

The Next Morning

She woke up next morning to the sound of a girl singing. Intruiged, she turned into the young girl from yesterday and climb down from your hideout. She sees a girl with short curly hair about your age singing to three young children. She wore lime green glasses and a very colourful shirt. Rosita watched her sing and look out for any new targets. She spot her hug an older woman handing out arepas. As the girl sang and walked a bit away, Rosita quickly transform into her and skip up to the woman and quickly snatched an arepa from her hand. "Mirabel!" The woman said and shook her head and returned to giving them out.

Rosita skipped away and take a bite. A warm sensation fills your body you feel a lot better. She decides to follow the girl that you have now learned that was named "Mirabel" and see that the kept on saying that she was part of "the family Madrigal". Then she sees a girl with a white top and blue skirt and brown hair that was in a bun held together with a red ribbon carry a mountain of bricks with ease. Rosita's mouth drops and quickly try to remember her as it would come into use. Her mouth then drops even more as you see some boy with curly hair and yellow poncho looking about your age shapeshift into a woman and take care of a baby. She turns her head and see a pretty lady with a lavender dress create flowers. The Madrigal family must also have powers you thought and quickly hide and turn into a random woman instead of Mirabel.

She listens to her song and take notes in your head to what each person can do. Then the children ask what Mirabel's gift is and she stops and doesn't answer the question. Then a woman with a white blouse and red shirt with her curly hair tied with a red bow says "Oh, Mirabel didn't get one." Oooo that's deep you say to yourself and return back to your hideout wondering if she should ask them about their powers. Then decide to steal some more supplies.

She then go to the house and transform into the girl with the lavender dress and walk in causally. Looking out for people. She also decided not to talk much since you heard that a girl name Dolores hear everything. She go up the stairs and the house seemed to move helping her get up faster. You being shocked let out a gasp. Dolores heard that and open her door. "Isabela? I thought you were out in the village helping Abuela?" she says.

Rosita didn't really know how Isabela sounded so, in a high pitched voice she said "Oh no I came back since it took less time than expected."

Dolores rolled her eyes and said in an exasperated voice "Camilo, I know it's you and you laugh nervously and walk away to the room with the name Camilo on it. You walk inside and shut the door. She looked around and saw that it was a boring large room and everything was white with just a bed. Damn this dude has a weird room you thought. Rosita then shape shifted into the dude she saw earlier (Camilo) that shape shifted and walked out avoiding going in Dolores's direction she goes back downstairs to the kitchen and takes a few cookies and decides to go back out.

As you go back out she sees the Camilo boy coming and he caught your eye and he was surprised. She quickly dashed back inside and hid in the kitchen and transformed in the woman giving out food in the village. And pretended to be busy making something. A few seconds later you hear someone running in and asking "Did you see anyone come in?"

Rosita turned around and did her best to imitate the voice you heard before and said "No, I didn't, but would you like some cookies." He seemed to believe it and took one. After having a close look at him you realized how cute he was. He has the most perfect curls and the kindest green eyes she ever saw. She quickly shook out of the daze and Camillo paced around really confused.

"I saw me." he said.

"What do you mean Camilo?"

"I saw me like a twin by the door." he replied

"You probably saw your reflection, you know that your the only shapeshifter here" you say, praying that he'll believe it.

"Yeah, but I'm sure I saw another person." he said and walked away.

You then quickly grab the rest of the cookies and run out of the house returning to your hideout.

Word Count: 1209

Note: Dolores can't hear everything if she goes on her bed in her room and Camillo can make his room shapeshift to anything he pictures and the default is the plain white room which is what Rosita saw earlier. This is also my first story. I also don't know any Spanish so please correct me if I'm wrong. I also do not own any of the characters from Encanto. Disney does.