Have you been to Hollywood Boulevard recently?

Start from the beginning

„Would you actually get married again?"

She was taken off guard by that unexpected question. „Oh wow, I think it's way too soon to think about anything like that."

„No, I know, I don't mean right now, but in general? If you guys stay together, for example, in a few years or so? Or are you categorically saying ‚Been there, done that' and you wouldn't want to go through it ever again?"

„Well... I don't know, to be honest. I haven't ever thought about this until just now. Which doesn't mean I wouldn't ever, if it feels completely right! But just that, it never even came to me as a possibility. At least this time I would know what it means and I would make sure I'm really, really aware of all the implications. And I most definitely don't want having to go through another divorce, ever! So, given that my current relationship is built on a somewhat shaky foundation when thinking long term... I don't know if I would ever marry Jordane, even if I wanted to. It would just be wrong."

Her smile died on her lips, somehow this thought made her sadder than she'd have thought.

Soma nodded. „Did he give you that necklace?"

„Which one? Oh, the heart one?"

She nodded.

Lana touched the heart pendant of her necklace and immediately her smile returned. „Yeah, well, no... He has a similar one, he has the solid part that was cut out of mine. Actually, speaking of getting married, we had a kind of ‚commitment ceremony' in my backyard when we came back from Hawaii a few weeks ago where we had to exchange vows in front of all my friends... They had organized the whole thing for us, it was a surprise, you know how crazy they can be", she laughed, „At first I was really mad, but then, it was actually a really nice and sweet event. It was very romantic."

She thought for a moment, then pulled out her phone again to show her a few pictures of them from the ceremony that her friends had sent her, this time though she would keep her phone and simply turned it around for Soma to see.

„Mind you, this was an ambush, otherwise I'd have at least worn a different outfit, okay?... And this is our kiss after the vows."

„Awww, that is so cute", she pressed her hands to her heart, „The way he holds you!"

„Yeah", Lana smiled and looked at the picture for a few seconds more, starting to feel all warm and fuzzy. The way he held her was special indeed. Unique. Just thinking about it made her miss him, wanting to be held by him right this moment.

„He must really, really love you."

„Oh yes. He does!"

They finished their coffees and continued their stroll and shopping tour through Hollywood, they had already started a whole picture reel of them with a mustache filter, posing as their ‚Sicilian cousins Fabrizio and Marcelo'. They always had fun together and somehow always ended up doing something crazy. Lana really enjoyed the day with her niece, it took her mind off worrying about introducing her boyfriend to her mother the next day.

Suddenly, Soma stopped and pointed upwards. „Whoa, look up there!"

Lana looked up and immediately caught her breath. There she was, dressed up in her finest as Rita Castillo, holding a teacup containing – presumably – wine, on a massive billboard promoting the launch of their new season of ‚Why Women Kill' on Paramount Plus that was barely two weeks away now. It made her feel giddy and her heart beat faster. Of course, she had graced many billboards all over the world during the years of ‚Once Upon A Time', but still... it had been a while since then, and it made her incredibly proud to have made it up there again!