"Yep! Fine!" You exclaim back, looking to the door in case he tries to open it, "I'm fine!"

"Yeah, you sound fine," Dean calls out, rubbing his shoulder furiously as he sits on the bed. The cold air burns your wound.

"Maybe I'd be better if your brother didn't throw me out of a window!" You exclaim at the door, hearing silence follow.

Castiel sets the bottle down loudly, looking to you, "Sam did this to you?"

"No! He saved my life," you correct yourself, your heart beating quick, "it was- ah, shit, it was the only way we could escape."

"Escape what?" When you go silent, Castiel tilts his head at you, "You're not sure if you can tell me."

"Well, you don't tell me everything, do you?" You remind him, wincing when you dry yourself off with a paper towel, "Do you know how to stitch someone up?"

"I don't. Healing is usually easier than this," he admits sheepishly, "Humans are... fragile. I'm sorry that I can't be of more help," he mumbles.

You laugh quietly, shaking your head, "Don't apologise. I've been through worse."

Pain flows through you as you attempt to thread the wire into the needle. It doesn't help that Cas stares at you.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" He questions you.

"Depends."

"On?" Cas asks innocently.

"Do you report this to your other Angels? Or God? Or whatever higher up you have? I assume you get your orders from someone, right?"

Castiel pauses, "It's just you and me, Y/N."

You meet his blue eyes, swallowing the dryness from your throat. "We were... we were running from a demon, a strong one," you admit to him, an exhausted sigh leaving your lips. He watches as you fail to thread the wire, placing a hand on your shoulder. Suddenly, the energy within you dulls. Your wound is still there but you don't feel its sting. Frowning, you tilt your head up at him, "What are you doing?"

"I'm taking your pain away," he whispers, gesturing to your hands, "go ahead."

You give him a small nod before expertly threading the wire. Your hands don't shake anymore. When you turn to face the mirror, Castiels hand rests still on your shoulder. He stands beside you, half behind you, watching as you lift the needle to your skin. Pushing it into your chest, you expect to feel pain despite his healing hands.

"How are you doing this?"

"I told you, I'm-"

"No, I know, I just mean-" you sigh, "do you just touch someone and think of what you, like, want to do? How does it work?"

"Intentions," he states simply, "What demon?"

You sigh again, "A demon named Alastair. Does that name mean anything to you?"

"Yes. I've heard it before," Castiel admits, hand twitching slightly, "What did it want?"

"Us, I guess," exhaling through parted lips, you meet his eyes in the mirror, "how is it up there?"

He exhales, stressed, "Busy. More and more Angels are dying every day."

"For the seals?"

A look crosses Castiel's face, one of doubt and uncertainty. Looking back at yourself, you lean closer to continue stitching and listening to him. "Things are getting... difficult. My siblings," he frowns, "some are losing faith. They say they're not sure what we're truly fighting. Some have abandoned their posts."

"What does that mean?" You respond, concern written on your features.

"It means they're not on Heaven's side," he adds, "and they're not on Hells."

You meet his gaze, "Then whose side are they on?"

"Yours," he states, "the human's side. They're deciding to fall." Stitching yourself up takes you no time with the lack of pain. Soon, you're onto the last of your cut. You cut the last of the wire, setting the scissors down and seeing Castiel hold up a bandage. "Look at me," Castiel whispers, holding a large gauze bandaid in his hands.

"I can do this myself," you remind him tenderly, smiling bashfully.

Castiel looks from your chest to your eyes, "I know you can."

"Well... Good," you mutter sheepishly, "as long as you know." You face him, tilting your head back to give him more room.

He places the bandage onto you, pressing it down gently and slowly, "Long ago, Lucifer turned his back on our father and fell from Heaven - it can happen to any Angel. It's been happening more frequently... I'm done. I think that you'll survive this," he jokes, hesitantly to meet your eyes in case you don't pick up his joke.

"Thanks, Cas," you smile, admiring his awkwardness, "I'm starting to think you lied about not being my guardian angel."

"Well," Dean exclaims, his voice suddenly close to the bathroom door, "Let's see what she thinks about this."

Castiel disappears with a flutter of wings. You let out a sigh as Dean knocks on the bathroom door. "What is it now?" You call out, pulling your jeans on.

"Ruby's got Anna," Sam explains when you exit the bathroom, "I'm sure she's okay. She took her to keep her safe."

"I really wish I had your blind faith, Sam," you admit to him, stepping into the bedroom.

"I think it's just as likely she used us to find radio-girl and then brought that demon in to kill us," Dean crosses his arms over his chest, noticing the bandage on your chest, "Stitched up well?"

"Yeah, not bad," you give him a small smile, "And, Sam, I'd really be surprised if we ever saw Anna again."

"Why hasn't Ruby called to tell us where she is?" Dean wonders out loud.

Sam gestures to the window, "Because that demon is probably watching us right now, waiting to follow us right back to Anna again. That's why he let us go."

"You call this letting us go?" Dean raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I do!" Sam replies quickly, sucking in a deep breath before exhaling to keep his calm, "Look, killing us would've been no problem to that thing. That's why, for now, we just gotta lay low and wait for Ruby to contact us."