08. 𝒜𝒷𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝑒𝓈𝓉

Začít od začátku

"Too bad we don't all have your shield." Garret comments, trying to get the awkward attention off of Hannah who was being looked at when the witch twins name was mentioned.

"Doesn't help me fight, though." Bella merely shrugs.

"No, but you could help the rest of us, ifyou could project it." Tanya explains.

"What do you mean?" Bella asks, directing the question to Edward but Tanya responds.

"I mean shield someone other than yourself.l Tanya says, clearing up some confusion.

"Is that possible?" Bella looks to Carlisle, knowing he knew more about gifts.

"Gifts can be developed. Over time."

"At first, mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body," Kate explained, holding up her hand to show the electricity going through her body. Garret smirked, extremely fond of his beautiful mate.

"How do you do it?" Bella asks, and Kate shares an unsettling look, not sure if she wanted to show Bella. Bella takes Kate's hand, a little too hard. "Tell me," Bella says eagerly.

"Ow." Kate mumbled, and Bella muttered a quick apology before letting her hand go.

"Let's take this outside." Hannah said, getting nods from a few who were going to join.

Benjamin followed Hannah as they all walked out, passing a room where Tia and Jason were kissing. Hannah grimaced realizing that's how they looked all the time, "You could've at least shut the door." Tia and Jason shrug before Hannah grumbles and grabbed the door nob shutting the door.

Benjamin placed a kiss onto her cheek as she followed Kate down the stairs to the back porch, then the back yard.

"You need to visualize it. See how it moves. What color it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it to go beyond you," Hannah explained, knowing she had more experience with helping others develop their vampire abilities. Hannah was stood with Benjamin under the tree that Alistar stood on, curious about Bella' powers. Emmett and Garret stood off to the side with Edward.

Bella tries to bring out her shield but only manages to bring it up for moment before it gets sucked back in. "I think she needs something to motivate her." Hannah and Kate said in unison, smirking at each other in fake flirt, making Garret a bit jealous as he shifted uncomfortably.

Edward then steps forward, understanding what Kate and Hannah meant. "No," Bella instantly denies, hating the mere thought of her mate being in pain.

"It's all right, I can take it." Edward reassures his wife, stepping up from his spot next to Emmett.

"He says that now," Garret mumbles to Emmett. Hannah scoffs leaning into her mate, remembering the time she was once accidentally shocked by Kate. It wasn't so bad to her since she had experience with being on the other side of Jane' dark powers.

"Focus, Bella, or he's gonna be hurting." Emmett taunts, crossing his arms over his buff chest.

Hannah hummed, gesturing for Benjamin to sit down so she could get on his lap. Like he predicted it, before she could do anything he sunk down to the ground, pulling Hannah down and onto his lap, pressing a kiss to her lips.

Edward puts his hand up ready to touch Kate's hand that was coursing with electricity.
"Edward, I'm not ready to do this yet," Bella warns, Kate ignores the warning and touches Edward hand, sending a painful electric shock through him, almost sending him to the floor immediately.

"Can't say he never deserved that." Hannah mumbled to her mate, kissing his cheek.

"I'm sorry. I said that I wasn't ready." Bella says, already blaming herself for Edward' pain.

"Dude, you're not motivating her," Emmett spoke, annoying Edward to great ends.

"You want to try?" Edward defends, getting to his feet, still partially weak from the shock from Kate. Emmett puts his hands up and backs off, pursing his lips.

Bella tries again to use her power and Kate touches Edward' neck, sending another electric shock through his body making Edward scream in pain. Hannah chuckled into Benjamin' shoulder, trying and failing to hold her laugher in.

"Kate!" Bella shouts, clearly pissed that her mate was in pain.

"You seem to lack incentive," Kate says, "Shall I go see if Renesmee's awake?" She taunted further. Obviously she wasn't going to actually hurt Renesemee but she needed Bella to get defensive so she could project her shield.

"Are you crazy?" Bella glared at Kate, taking the statement way further than intended. Though nobody could blame her, Renesemee was important to Bella.

"All right. This one's on full power." Kate raised her hand, unaffected by Bella' anger. Kate is about to touch Edward, Bella manages to bring up her shield and protects Edward from Kate's power when she touches him with her electric shock.

Edward opens his eyes from squinting but hardly feels Kates powers and removes his hand from her grasp, coming to stand next to his wife. Alistar who was watching from the tree was memorized by the shield, thinking that maybe they would actually have a chance against the Volturi.

"It's painful, but it's bearable," Edward explained, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Okay, we should go again." Bella says, excitedly.

"Emmett?" Edward looked to his adoptive brother. "I'm good." Emmett mumbles.

»»————-  ————-««

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒