16: tired

CHAPTER 16
Tired

KASSIDY and Peter were camped out on top of the gas station, watching the van intently, when, suddenly, three large semi-trucks drove past the gas station

"Oh, that's him,"

Kassidy looked up at the sound of Peters voice and almost gasped. The giant bird guy was flying down towards the semis, obviously after something.

"Great," Kassidy muttered. "Round two,"

Kassidy stood up straight and extended her hand to Peter.

"Hang on, alright?" she told him.

"To your hand?" Peter asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Just do it," Kassidy groaned.

Peter hesitantly put his hand into hers and Kassidy immediately took off towards the semi. Peter dangled after her, gripping onto her hand. After a couple of seconds, Kassidy dropped Peter on the semi and landed right beside him, peering into the strange purple window on top.

Peter slowly extended his hand towards the window and it went straight through like there was nothing there.

"Woahhh, cool," Peter mumbled, looking at his hand. "It's like some kind of matter phase shifter,"

The bird man straightened up and Kassidy put her hand over Peters chest, pushing them both away from the window. The man soon jumped out of the window and as soon as he did, Peter slung a web towards him and took the bag of goodies he had just gotten.

"Hey, big bird!" Peter yelled. "This doesn't belong to you,"

The mans wings were suspended in midair above the semi and when he noticed Kassidy and Peter, he jumped up and reconnected himself to the large metal wings.

"Oh, god," Peter muttered.

He flew at the two kids in front of him, causing Kassidy's eyes to widen.

"JUMP!" she ordered as the man got closer to her and Peter.

Peter happily obeyed and the two heroes were narrowly missed by the sharp blades on his wings. The man turned around to look at the two kids again and Peter slung a web at him. The web fell instantly and didn't do any sort of damage to the monster in front of them.

"Suit Lady, what was that?" Peter exclaimed.

"All right, get behind me," Kassidy muttered, pushing her friend behind her.

Bird man lunged at Kassidy but she stuck her hands out and he was stopped in his tracks by a large purple shield. He pushed forward and Kassidy stumbled slightly, struggling to hold up the shield.

Suddenly, bird man stepped backward and away from the shield, causing Kassidy to fall forward harshly. She was about to get back up again but she felt the sharp talons of bird mans suit dig into her bag.