Chapter 2

A lot of thoughts travelled through my head as I flew through the barren landscape, the human fetus carefully placed in my claws.

Like, why did I even decide to save it? Was it because I was bored? Was it because I was lonely? Was it the creator's will? Was it fate's desire? I didn't know the answer. All I knew is that I now have a human fetus I decided to have responsibility over. And that, I have no idea how to raise it.

Do I make it hunt for it's own food or something? Does it even eat the same food baby dragons eat..?

What in the world have I gotten myself into?

I let out a sigh as I felt warm liquid trickle down my claws. I'm starting to regret my decision.

The first thing I should probably do is look for human civilization.

But... Didn't I just destroy the last village in the area?

I let out a large roar of frustration, flames escaping my mouth in the process.

This is going to be a long flight and I'm not going to like it.

But before all that, I'm going to have to find a clean river. I don't wanna enter human civilization while stinking of fetus urine.

I looked at the human that was giggling all the way in my claws. Why is it giggling?

~~~~
Thankfully, just as the sun was about to set, I had found a town that seemed to have a decent amount of human population.

I quietly landed in the woods near the town and morphed into human form. The human seemed to have fallen asleep. It wasn't going to die before I find food for it right? It shouldn't. Seriously, it shouldn't.

I quietly entered the town's gates, giving a quick glance at the welcome sign that said, [Welcome to Rondo Town, we sincerely hope you enjoy your stay!]

What an unnecessarily long welcome message. I caught a middle-aged woman staring at me.

"What are you looking at, woman." I asked, my voice slightly faltering from tiredness.

"You seem to have been travelling for a long time, young man. Is that your child you're holding?" She asked, slowly approaching me.

"It isn't. I picked it up along the way. I visited this town because I don't know what human babies eat." I blatantly stated. I'm too tired for this QnA.

The woman chuckled. "What interesting humor you have, young man! Come along, I'll give your child something to eat." She then motioned for me to follow her.

Why is she emitting a dark aura though? What a suspicious lady.

As I entered what seemed to be her home, a man who seemed to be the woman's husband greeted me as he put down the book he was reading. "Greetings, young traveller. Please make yourself at home." He said as he motioned to the couch beside him.

I hesitatingly sat down, the fetus in my arms stirring as if it was waking up.

"What's the name of your child, young man?" He asked me, an elderly smile plastered on his face.

Why are humans like this? They always seem to be asking questions here and there.

"It doesn't have a name." I said before tranferring my gaze to the woman who seemed to be making some kind of potion and putting it inside a ridiculous-looking bottle.

I warily stared at the potion that she handed over towards me while using my mana to examine the contents. It didn't seem to have anything of poisonous substance.

"What is this potion you're giving me, woman?" I frowned, her chuckle along with the man's hearty laugh ringing throughout the house.

"It's milk. I usually mix it with my morning tea. The bottle is made exclusively for babies so that it's still like sucking on their mothers' breasts." She said while smiling as she handed me the bottle.

This thing is what human babies have to quench their hunger? Seriously?

"Would you like me to feed it to your child for you young man?" She asked when I still didn't take the bottle from her.

"Please do." I said as I handed her the fetus. It made a weird noise as it hungrily sucked at the bottle's weird cap. I felt too tired to care about whatever it was called.

"Oh my, such a starved little thing!" The woman exclaimed.

"Young man, allow me and my wife to extend our hospitality and let you sleep in one of the guest rooms." The man said as he stood up, gesturing at one of the rooms.

"Thank you for your hospitality, humans." I said as the woman handed me the now full fetus. I was about to enter what they called a [Guest room] when the woman asked another question.

"Wait, young man. Aren't you hungry?"

"No I'm not." I said without wasting a second. If human babies had that weird substance as food, I didn't think I would like to know what adult humans eat for food. For all I know they probably eat bugs raw while going hakuna matata.

A/n: Please do Like, Comment, and add this to your library! Lol.