-"No, no, it's okay. I was a little distracted that's all" I excused myself and looked at Stavros who was staring at me. His smile had fallen and he looked serious and stiff. It was as if he was eagerly awaiting my answer.

-"So?" Romina dared to ask me.

-"I do not know yet. I have to admit that this is something new for me! I'm still trying to adjust" I answered honestly.

Romina gave me a big smile and putting her hand on mine she said in a soothing way.

-"I understand. You'll be fine. What really matters is that you love and respect each other. Everything else will follow."

I didn't answer her anything. What would I like? We didn't love each other at all. Our marriage was not born out of love. It is actually more of a financial arrangement than a marriage. 

I was thinking about all this when Romina suggested me and Stavros to dance. He immediately refused saying that he feels a little tired. "Yeah sure......he wasn't that tired when he danced with the blonde. And by the way who told him I wanted to dance with him?"

Several minutes have passed with Romina incessant prattling about everything while Stavros glanced at the blonde woman sitting a table behind us. Out of the corner of my eye I caught her looking at us and especially at Stavros. She gave him an incredibly wide smile and looked down at me. That was it! Who did she think she was? I was ready to explode. I was trying really hard to restrain myself and not go over there and make a scene, when a man approached me from behind.

-"May I have this dance my Lady?" George's voice was heard behind me.

"Great, this is all I need! What does this man want now?" Ι thought to myself.

I turned back and looked at him wondering what would be appropriate to answer him. I actually didn't care to dance with George but something in me encouraged me to do it. I wanted to give Stavros a taste of his own medicine. As I was mulling over my answer in my head, Stavros intervened saying:

-"I am sorry but she has already promised this dance to me Mr. Andreadakis".

"Oh really? Weren't you tired some minutes before? Like hell I am gonna dance with you" I wanted to tell him but said nothing instead.

-"Oh...it isn't my intention to interfere with the couple. Maybe next time" he said slightly disappointed after he gave a peck on my hand and  then walked away.

-"This man is very persistent and annoying!" Stavros commented aloud to my great surprise.  He seemed irritated by George's presence.

-"It's expected. Your wife is very beautiful" interrupted the Duke and continued "You must get used to it my friend as I did and take good care of her so that no one can steal her from you."

-"Yes..." Stavros said boringly and gave me his hand. When I took it, my whole body was filled with sparkles. Every time he touches me something strange happens in my body, I feel like I lose control. We headed to the track while he grabbed me tightly around the waist and both started dancing around. After a few turns where absolute quietness prevailed, he looked me straight in the eyes. His gaze was piercing.

-"What's going on with you and Andreadakis?"

-"What?.....N....nothing....." I replied avoiding eye contact with him. I was afraid that if he looked me straight in the eye he might see that I was lying and I didn't want to risk it. Then it hit me! Since he took the initiative to ask me about George I will ask him about the blonde woman.

-"Who is the blonde woman? It seems you have a great time with her..." I commented.

-"What blonde?" he asked trying to look indifferent.

-"The one you were dancing with" I replied annoyed.

-"Oh.....You mean Christine. She is an old friend of mine"

-"Only a friend? What's with her?"

-"Nothing...Absolutely nothing" he replied coldly.

-"Yeah sure! Like I believe you!" I thought to myself.

-"Is my little wife a little bit jealous?" he asked smuggly. My grimace of disbelief probably amused him.

-"No....not at all" I said and then continued "Are you jealous of me?"

-"-"Of course I'm not. I'm just reminding you my dear, what I told you on our wedding day. I won't tolerate any comments about your dignity or your loyalty."

-"Me neither" I answered without even thinking about it.

He gave me a small smile and looked at me with his playful gray eyes.

-"I think you're jealous of me for sure" she said blushing and we did an impressive turn on the track.