Rats...

"Pepa! Julieta! Look at my new friend!" Bruno exclaimed, holding his hands behind his back, rocking back on his heels.

"I told you, Julieta! And he's the one who has prophecies, I just guessed!"

"No, I didn't befriend another rat, Pepa." Bruno sighed. He showed them what he had found. It was a rock. "I befriended this rock."

"So what are you naming it?"

"Hmm... I can't name it after one of you because the other will be jealous. I can't name it after any of my friends... Hm.. I'm going to name it Alma after Mamá."

"What about Mateo since all of your other rocks are named after Mamá, the two of us, or our friends in the town."

"No, Alma is a perfect name."

"You hopeless homosexual. I sometimes wonder how you get through life with male friends." Pepa teased, ruffling Bruno's hair.

"I don't hit on people that my sisters have VERY obvious crush-- Ow!- Honestly I worry how Félix and Agustín haven't noticed." Bruno grinned, innocently. He stroked the top of the rock

"Can I hold Alma Rock?" Pepa whispered, looking up slightly to check her cloud.

"Sí." Bruno sighed. He didn't fully trust Pepa, but most teens weren't trustworthy. He sideeyed her and slowly handed her the rock.

And that's when it happened. Pepa raised her arm and threw it. Threw it all the way into town.

"Oh look a rock." Said someone in town. He picked up the rock and walked off.

Bruno watched this and then started sniffling. Julieta's eyes widened and suddenly she started yelling at Pepa.

"Why in the world would you do that?" Julieta yelled. "Bruno trusted you! You're such a big jerk!"

"Now Mateo has it, and I can't ask for it back because he'll assume the worst!" Bruno whined. Julieta turned back to him.
"How do you know?" She asked, kindly. "Future vision. I already know what will happen if I ask."

"My wind threw it! I wanted to hold it! I didn't mean to throw it on purpose!"

"Liar!" Bruno whimpered. "I saw you raise your arm to throw it!"

"We're supposed to be thirteen, stop crying you big baby!!"

"Well, then apologize for throwing my rock!!"