"Hey." I head a deep voice say and I looked over to see Gally sitting down next to me, two drinks in his hand, one of which he passed over to me.

"Hey." I said, giving him a smile as I gratefully took the drink from his outstretched hand. "Haven't seen you all day."

"Just trying to earn my stay." He said and I looked over to him, watching as he took a sip from his cup.

"You already earned it." I said but he shook his head with a scoff. "Yes you did. If it weren't for you, Minho wouldn't be here and WICKED wouldn't be destroyed."

"That's not how I wanted it to end." Gally told me but it was something I already knew.

"That's not your fault." I told him but the boy looked out to the big rock standing in front of us. Then, his eyes shifted over to Thomas as he argued heavily with Minho.

"I still killed Chuck."

"That wasn't your fault either."

"I though that, maybe, if I put his name on the rock then it'd make me feel better or something." He told me and I listened closely, looking over and finding Chuck's name carved into the rock. I might have seen it earlier but I didn't think Gally would be the one to carve it, but it made sense. Chuck's death was probably the biggest regret that Gally had in his young life. It was something he couldn't just put away, it was forever.

"And did it?"

"Not really, just made his death that more real." Gally told me and we were both really quiet as the fire in front of us roared and laughter came from a group nearby.

"Did you know..." I started, grabbing Gally's attention. "That I killed my mother?" I said, taking both Gally and myself of guard.

"What?" Gally questioned and I took a deep breath, looking over to him. Gally was the first person to ever hear the details of what happened between me and my mother that night, but he was the perfect person. It was different with my dad or Brenda, they didn't understand it like Gally did. I knew my dad would understand why I did it, but he wouldn't understand what I'd be going through, wouldn't know how to comfort me probably, and how could he? He had never killed a person as important as my mother before. Besides, I could barely get through one sentence with my father about that night before I lost it.

"My mother, she got sick with the Flare." I told him, taking another breath. "One night, I couldn't sleep so I went to see her but I found out quickly that she wasn't herself."

"What happened?" Gally asked after I had taken a minute before I continued.

"She chased me throughout our compound trying to kill me. That's when I found the gun and I shot her right in the head, it's why I never used a gun." This left Gally speechless. "I blamed myself for it all of my life, thinking I killed her, that maybe if I waited, we could have figured something out."

"If she had the Flare then there was nothing you could have done." Gally said and I looked over to meet eyes with his.

"That didn't help me back then, but I know that now, and I think I've come to terms with it." I said, taking a quivering breath as the words just escaped my mouth. "I heard what happens when you get stung, that you loose your mind. It wasn't your fault. Chuck was not your fault."

Gally let my words sink in, but not saying anything in return, just letting a tear run down his cheek. I didn't think I'd ever see this in my life, ever, yet here we are. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and gave him a quick embrace before I let him go.

"You have to forgive yourself." I told him and I heard a quiet sob leave his mouth.

"How?" He asked, trying to hide the fact that he was crying.

Just Trust Me   //   A Minho Fanfic + Newtmasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें