i . one shots

luci × sako

"If you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain

"If you like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain.." Sako sang softly to mostly himself as he worked in the kitchen, cutting up various vegetables before sliding the board into a pot. He forgot the next words, replacing them with quiet addlibs before he continued.

"I knew her smile in an instant, I knew the curve of her face.." he turned the stove up just a little bit, turning to the spice rack and moving to the slices of meat that were sizzling quietly on the pan.

He was, to say the least, content with his life. He had two dogs, two kids and pretty much the best fiance he could ask for. His solo career was kicking off to give him time to move on from being an ex - lead singer, which he was sure was what he needed.

Sako nodded his head to the silence playing, at this point completely stopping his singing. Without his knowledge, Luci was leaned in the frame of the kitchen, watching him work.

"Why'd you stop singing? You have a pretty voice." She asked, a subtle smirk pulling at her lips. His shoulders had tensed for a second at her voice suddenly appearing. He turned to her after he relaxed and smiled.

"I . . I forgot the words-" he admitted, the smile remaining on his face while he brushed a few of his curly locks out of his face, only for the hair to return to it's original position. He turned back to the stove, smiling a little bigger once he felt the subtle weight of her chin rest on his shoulder.

"It was my own lovely lady, and she said.."

"Ah! It's you," Sako chuckled as he finished off for her, grabbing the spatula from the side and flipping the meat in the pan over, adding spice to the other side. "Then I laughed for a moment and I said I never knew.."

Luci giggled, her arms draping around his waist and giving him a hug. "There you go! You know the words."

She just stood there for a moment, embracing him before she pressed a quick kiss to his neck. The blonde pulled away, chuckling at his little frown when she did so.

"I have work, Sako." She told him in a quiet voice.

"Surely not now? It is only five." He tilted his head, putting his lip out in a playfully and pouting manner. "I am cooking us dinner.."

"I know, and I'm sorry - I'm not allowed to call in sick anymore for this week. I already missed Monday.."

"Monday was fun, we should have more Mondays." He winked before he cracked a smile momentarily. He let out a saddened, but playful sigh as he glanced at the clock. "Okay - would you like me to drive and pick you up then? I am more than happy to do that for you."

"Mm," Luci went into thought for a moment before she nodded. "Sure!"

Before she went upstairs to get ready, she stepped in to peck his lips, to which he grabbed her arm once she pulled away. He pulled her close to him, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"That was not a reaaaal kiss.." he chuckled, pulling her close by the waist. He kissed her once again. She kissed him back and laughed, lightly hitting his arm before her arms wrapped around his neck.

"You're so weird sometimes, Sako." She giggled through the kiss, pulling away and looking into his dark brown eyes. She cupped his face sweetly, giving him a smile. "Don't change."