The End

My feet padded against the floor as I made my way down the halls of Zuko's home. The walls were still decorated in the red banners that hung for decades before. Guards resided along the way, each nodding to me as I walked past. I gave them gentle smiles before rounding the corner and jogging toward Zuko's room.

I gently pushed the large door open and found Zuko standing near the window. The morning light glistened off his toned frame, casting him in an otherworldly light. He hissed in pain as he struggled to pull the robe over his body. Smiling to myself, I slowly made my way into the room and gripped the material with my bandaged hand.

"Need some help?" I asked.

Zuko jumped in surprise as he took in my appearance. I didn't wait for him to respond. I simply stepped behind him and began pulling the sleeve up his arm.

"I thought you were being tended to," Zuko murmured, a smile playing at his lips.

"I don't need help healing," I sighed.

Ducking around him, I faced him fully and synched his robe gently, careful not to put too much pressure on his abdomen.

"I'm glad you're okay..." Zuko whispered, his breath trickling down the side of my neck.

"I'm glad you're okay," I smiled glancing up at him.

Our faces were close, and I could feel the warmth passing through his lips. Intoxicating, Enticing.

"You know," Zuko coughed lightly as he brought his hand up to my face. "You were wrong back there."

"About what?" I whispered, nuzzling lightly into his hand.

"About saying I wasn't in love with you," Zuko hummed back.

"I – what?" I stuttered.

Zuko took a step forward, effectively closing the distance between us. Our bodies molded together like a puzzle piece. His fingers gripped the back of my neck, holding me in place.

"I am in love with you, Kadence," Zuko whispered.

Without giving me a chance to speak, Zuko pressed his lips to mine. My heart fluttered in my chest as my eyes slowly closed. The feeling of his lips was sweet, tender. I quickly pressed my lips into his. Our bodies reacted on their own accord, moving in sync. Zuko slowly peppered my lips with light kisses as he pulled away.

"I'm in love with you, too."