"What...what's going on?" he stared in confusion at his bound wrists and then to you, finally noticing the state of your overall appearance. "Nori, shit. Are you okay? Who fucking did this to you! Why are your clothes wet. And where are we?" he angrily let out. You could see tears starting to form in his eyes as he looked at your swollen eye and gingerly touched your cheek, having to bring both of his bound hands towards your face to do so.

"I don't know, but how did you end up here, Kuroo?" you asked through your chattering teeth.

Kuroo tugged at the wet TMPD sweatshirt you were wearing, trying to take it off.

"No point, my hands are taped too."

"Better to just have it hanging on your arms than wearing a soaked sweatshirt, idiot," he explained as he continued to pull it off as much as it would go before looping his arms around you and pulling you into his warmth.

"S..s..so—r-ry. I'm pretty sure...I got you..you a little wet too. I was cold, so...so I just snuggled up."

"Don't apologize. Who did this to you, Nor? I'm going to fucking kill them."

"How...how'd you find me?"

--

"I don't understand why the hell they kept you in here overnight, Daichi! Does Mr. Sugiyama know about this?" Kuroo frustratingly let out at the table he, Sugawara, and Daichi were sitting at. He glared at the police officer who was assigned to keep an eye on Daichi while he spoke with his two friends.

"He does know, but even he can't meddle with the investigation right now," Daichi sighed as he looked down feeling defeated. "I'm guessing they still haven't been able to trace Nori's phone. They won't tell me anything. Even Imai hasn't been able to fill me in because of Giichi."

"That fuck—"

"Alright, time's up Sawamura. Time to get back in the interrogation room...Maybe I'll start asking some questions now," Kuroo watched as Giichi walked by and nodded at one of the investigators from his team to escort Daichi back.

"We'll come by again later today, okay?" Sugawara reassured Daichi before he and Kuroo were escorted out.

As they were walking down the steps of the precinct, Kuroo paused.

"What's wrong?" Sugawara asked.

"Nothing. You go on ahead. You have to go back to the kids, right? I have to do something. I'll see you later around dinner then?" Kuroo said as he ran off back into the precinct, not even waiting for a reply. He went straight to Tetsuya Imai's office and knocked before swinging the door open.

"Officer Imai...Nori's phone. Did you guys find it yet?"

"Oh Kuroo," he said with a slight jump in his seat as he put his cell phone down, "Yes we did. I'm unfortunately not allowed to tell you anything about it though."

"Where did you find it? Were you able to find anything on it?" Kuroo asked anyways, ignoring the statement.

"Haven't found anything yet, but I'm sorry Kuroo. I can't share much. We're doing our best though," he said kindly with a smile that was meant to put Kuroo at ease, but only made him feel worse.

"Can you tell me anything?"

Imai sighed as he gestured for Kuroo to close the door behind him.

"We found it in their guest bedroom this morning. Bagged it myself and had forensics rush the work on it for prints or anything that could give us any kind of clue, but unfortunately we're still at a loss. I'm sorry, Kuroo, but trust me, we're doing everything we can."