Chapter 8, Well..... that happened

Comincia dall'inizio

I smiled at his description. "Did Wanda and Mr.- uh Steve send you away? Is that why you're hanging out with me?"

He frowned, "No. I wanted to come here. I also don't like to hold tiny breakable living things. Did you think that I was coming here because I had to?"

Yes. "Uh no. Just wondering."

"Listen babygirl, you need to sleep. Now scoot over." I scooted over to my left to make room for him. James got into the bed and lay down next to me."Doll, I will stay here as long as you need just please go to sleep."

"Thank you." I turned on my side to make it less awkward but was startled when he wrapped his flesh arm around my waist and gently pulled me flush up against him.

Even though I had never really talked to guys, let alone laid in the same bed as one, I felt somehow safe and protected. His warm chest pressed against my back and his arm securely holding me in place.

Within minutes I was asleep.

I woke up to small kisses being pressed against my neck. "Hey there doll, good morning." I rolled over to look at him.

"It's morning already? What the fu-" He cut me off with a kiss to my lips. I almost moved backwards to try and escape it, but didn't when I realized how good it felt.

I mentally checked that my IV wasn't in then wrapped my arms around him as he deepened the kiss. "Ahem."

James didn't let go of me but he did break off the kiss to see who it was. It was a very uncomfortable looking Steve. It didn't look like he didn't want to be here, his pants just looked a bit too tight right now.

"I- uh the twin are not quieting down. They're refusing everything we try to do. So could I- uh we bring them in?"

During Steve's announcement James had buried his face in my neck to try and hold in his laugh. I could see Steve slightly glaring at James but there wasn't much I could do about his situation.

"Yeah. You can bring them in, they're probably just worried about me."

Steve nodded and left the room to which James burst out in laughter. "He- he was- soooo mad at me!!!" I smiled at him as he got up. "He did seem to be trying to drill holes through your body with his eyes."

"He really want to hold you though. He's quite jealous. Would you be willing to invite him to sit next to you at least?"
James said growing serious. I smiled again, "Yeah, and if he's any good as a kisser as you then I might kiss him too."

Now it was my turn to burst out laughing as James raised his eyebrow. Wanda and Mr. - wait and Steve walked in each holding a twin. A small red energy bubble followed them with food inside it.

Both the twins perked up as they got handed to me. They were hungry so I asked Wanda if she could pick up some bottles for them. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Bucky and Steve staring at me.

"Could I be moved out of this sterile white box room you've put me in? I'm hungry and don't want to eat in a room that smells like death."

"It does not smell like death? But anyways Steve, Bucky could you wheel her up to her room? Stephen said she shouldn't get up quite yet." Both of them startled slightly and looked embarrassed before nodding.

"Hey Wanda could you get my nursing cover from the lounge?" She nodded, walking out. Of course as the boys wheeled me to the elevator Nova started crying. While she knew her sister was being fed she didn't understand why I couldn't feed her too.

I had done it before but it required taking off my shirt as it was to complicated otherwise. The main problem? I couldn't exactly take off my shirt in from of James and Steve, at least I didn't feel comfortable doing it.

While we were in the elevator I unmatched Alli and attached Nova. Thankfully once Steve and James realized what was going on they politely looked away.

"Hey Mr- uh sorry Steve could you burp Alli? It would help a lot and James over there has an aversion to holding living breakable things." Steve smiled and glanced at James.

"Yeah. Wanda showed me how to do it earlier." He smiled and picked up Alli, setting her on his shoulder. It took my breath away, I loved how he looked at Alli like she was his own.

The elevator stopped and James pushed the bed out. "James?"

"Oh- did you mean me? Doll, just call me Bucky." I smiled and nodded. "Ok, Bucky. Are you ok with pushing the bed yourself? I didn't mean to make it harder for you."

"Listen babygirl, Steve was the only one who got the 'I'm super buff serum'. Mine was just a more twisted version."

I smiled at him. Steve went ahead of us and opened the door so Jam- Bucky could roll me in. Before I could say anything in protest, Bucky picked me up  bridal style, with me still feeding Nova, and set me on my bed.

I let out a little squeak of surprise. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that Wanda had come in. "I got the nursing cover. How are you feeling? Stephen wants a report. He's hoping that if he can tell Tony your status, then Tony will come up to see you."

I smiled an answered as I put the nursing cover on. "Besides being lightheaded and hungry, I'm fine." I motion to the completely untouched tray of food.

"Hey Steve could you give Alli to Wanda so she can help me latch her on so I can feed her? They're both very hungry at the same time."

Steve nodded and handed Alli to Wanda. Both of the boys politely turned around as Wanda helped me get Alli nestled in my other arm.

I silently laughed as heard one of Steve's  thoughts, 'don't turn around, be polite.', being repeated in his head. "Hey Steve? Could you sit next to me? Please?" I said quietly.

Wanda smiled at my slightly blushing face and watched as Steve's eyes lit up and he climbed into the bed next to me. "Of course doll. I would love to."

Bucky looked happy for Steve but his eyes had darkened a little. "Eclipse. Have you eaten anything?!?!" Wanda exclaimed.

"I- uh no. I had just woken up when Steve came in to tell me about the twins, and they were hungry. Sorry. The twins come first."

Steve smiled. "No the twins come after you kiss Bucky." Wanda's eyes widened. "You kissed Bucky! No wonder Steve came storming out of the room." She paused. "I have to go. One of you boys please make sure she eats, if she doesn't she has to go back on the IV. Feed her yourselves if you have to."

Within seconds Wanda was out of the room again. I look both Bucky and Steve straight in the eyes, "I will concede to eating the toast on that tray, if I'm still hungry after that then I'll eat more. Otherwise you better not force me to eat anything."

"Damn girl, you're feisty." Bucky commented, but I could see they both understood.