“Nggn...” The low pained groan tore her from her thoughts and with a quick few steps she was kneeling on the ground next to the bed, gentle but firm hands pushing the male back down on the bed. He jolted at the unexpected touch, pure fear filling his arua, it made her frown. Just what had this young man been subjected to in the past that even the lightest and most innocent form of human contact sent him spiraling into a ball of anxiety and fear?

“Easy now, take it slow you  might have hit your head when you fell.” Her words were light, hoping to ease him back from the edge of the small panic attack he had been working himself into. 

Dark brown eyes cracked open to gaze into concerned blue orbs, he jerked back crawling backwards away from her to press his back into the wall, a couple of feet of space between them. His mind was racing, who was she? Why was she in his apartment? Why the hell did his head pound and his very body ache from the inside out?

Seeing the questions floating in his gaze she shifted to sit back on the floor, crossing her legs in a very Inuyasha like manner, her arms crossing under her bust in a small show of faith. Not only could she not react if he chose to lash out, but she would also be unable to lash out at him without it being obvious of her intent thus giving him time to react.

“I know you’re probably confused and have some questions for me but let's start with the basics eh?” She paused giving him a friendly smile.  “My name’s Kagome. What’s yours?” Sure, she already knew it from her light...snooping, but he didn't need to know that. It would only  make him suspicious and raise his guard and the last thing she wanted to do was upset him in his own home.

Hyun-Su could only blink as she smiled at him, her eyes full of light and friendliness. He wondered if he had ever had that look in his eyes, before everything had gone to shit? Maybe, maybe not. He honestly couldn't remember a time before everything in his life went to hell all because he had tried to reach out to someone...

Feeling as well as seeing the shift in his mood she pulled back a bit, he obviously had faced something that left him with such a deep level of trauma that he was weary of everyone and everything and it was sad, even more so considering the state of the world at the moment, then again maybe those instincts of his would keep him alive. She wasn’t stupid, there was no comng back from what ever the hell was going on. Even if the monsters could be defeated the damage would already be done. The world and those in it would never be the same...just like her and just like the young man across from her.

“Hyun-Su.” His voice was so light that had she been any deeper in her own thoughts she would have missed his introduction. 

“Ah, well Hyun-Su, I’m glad you're finally awake. You’ve been out for almost a day. What’s the last thing  you remember?” She watched as his dark brown gazed looked not at her but just over her shoulder as he shifted through his thoughts and memories.

“I...there was this man, he was accusing me of something...there was so much blood...and-and that monster!” He jolted, his eyes sliding shut as he tried to grasp the wispy fragmented memories. Slowly they fell back into place, he had been timidly looking around for the monster next door when he had spotted her, Kagome, laying in the hallway by the elevator, her face flushed as she let out rapid breaths. The doors to the elevator shaft were propped open giving him an idea as to why she had been so winded, laying there on the ground.

He had been ready to just dismiss her and return back to his apartment but a small part of him nagged at him, to not at least warn of her of the danger that might or might not be lurking around nearby would be cruel and as much as he wanted to be that cruel he knew it wasn’t in him. That despite everything he had been through he was still that stupid boy that wanted to help others.