Chapter 5: Fire Trials

Začít od začátku

Better keep the bandages on, just in case.

After that, the humanised Airborne Fortress took the coat, and wore it.

It fits perfectly with him, as if it was his.

Wait...

"Is this coat... mine?" Gleipnir breathed a question to the busy-looking nurse.

"Yes, it is yours. Don't worry about it." Too busy to even spare a glance, Vestal gave the reply to his question.

Well, good.

Now... he must find something to eat.

Gleipnir took a step, his first step.

The sensation was... familiar, but not too familiar either.

Another step, and he suddenly staggered, luckily, he managed to avoid falling to the ground by holding onto a railing on the medical bed.

His feet were unable to instantly walk, for he never learned to walk either, add to that the injuries he sustained recently.

All of this is a new sensation for the great Airborne Fortress, and inside, he felt more and more motivated to overcome the difficulty.

With so, he took another step, mustering every last bit of his strength that he possessed.

Finally, he managed to balance himself, and started walking at a slow pace, getting accustomed to a simple human motion.

Walking.

Not too far from there, the former superweapon found an object, reflecting the entirety of the surroundings opposed to it.

It was a mirror.

Taking the bother to see what he looks like as a human, he approached the mirror.

As he looked into the mirror, he finally saw himself.

His human form.

First, he gazed into his own eyes.

The pair of eyes stared back, their opaque amethyst hue glancing at the humanised weapon.

He spared a glance to his torso, and found that he was wearing a black suit, the colors akin to that of the Airborne Fortress' ominous black hue. A black undershirt and a tie was also present, making him look somewhat like a butler.

He saw the raven-black hair nestled upon his head, and realized that it was the coarse patch of something he had felt earlier while stranded on the island.

A bit taken aback, he ran his fingers through his hair, still a little surprised he was a human.

He gazed into his two hands. A pair of black gloves nestled themselves there, protecting his skin from the elements.

As if the great Airborne Fortress needed it, but oh well, it won't hurt, so he kept them on.

Then, the raven-haired male's studious gaze landed upon his left chest. A rose-shaped ornament adorned his left chest area. It's linked with two chains into another ornamental piece, a rhombus-shaped one with a blue gem embedded inside, much like the rose one.

Another glance at his face, and the only thing not black is his skin, pale white skin, as if it was subjected to the harsh cold.