The Day My Life Changed

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay", his voice was as soft as a vintage duck-feather pillow.

"No..
I have an important event today.. But... Turns out I'm not allowed in there", I hopelessly muttered.

"Not allowed in there like this", he added while most probably pointing at my Cinderella sort of dress.

"Well-"

"Come with me", he led me back towards his car which hadn't yet left and motioned the driver something which I didn't understand.

Did he mistake me for an escort?

Maybe I should trust him.
But then rich people aren't to be trusted.. Especially filthy rich ones.

No sooner did he notice my twitching uncomfortably, than he twisted his torso behind to grab a hanger which took me by surprise.
"here.. Wear this"

"Wow.. .. I mean how can I"

"You like it?"

"yes but"

"then wear it; Else they won't let you in."

"Thanks..I'll return it once I get inside.", I said to the mysterious man.
He had bluish grey streaks dyed in black hair as he wore a black glossy, stylish corset inside the tuxedo.
I was impressed by his sense of fashion.

"By the way, what can I call you?"

"You won't be able to call me after tonight cause I'm always too busy at fashion shows but its Minghao,
Xu Minghao"

"Oh.. So you're a fashion designer.

Explains the beautiful dress.", I said as I walk out of the trying room of an expensive I-can't-even-pronounce-the-name-of showroom.

", I said as I walk out of the trying room of an expensive I-can't-even-pronounce-the-name-of showroom

"bravo, you're welcome.
Now let's go back i'm having an important event too.", He barely spared me a look out of courtesy since I was still adjusting the dress.

We went back to the hotel in the low lit car wherein I could see the sparkles in the dress I didn't get the time to admire.

In the dimly lit parking lot, he politely asked me, "Could you please continue from here?
I would love to avoid unnecessary rumors."

I totally understood his problem since the fashion world constructs and demolishes people in line with rumors

"Yeah... Why not... Thanks.

I'll return the dresses as soon as I get inside.", I said.

"No worries. Besides this looks better on a realer body shape.
I'm sick of similar looking models with pale faces all over the industry.
We need some colors and plus minus sizes too.", Minghao took a good minute to express his opinion.

"Exactly.", I laughed.
Did he basically call me fat?

I entered the gates this time with the guard confused as hell.
Like how did i go from Rags to Riches.
If you heard me right,
I said I was Cinderella.

Reaching the top floor didn't take long in that newest generation techonological elevator with golden metal panes and mirrors surrounding the insides.
I was rather worried about the tiny lump of nervousness forming in my gut by thinking of how my first impression is gonna be a late one.

The waiters escorted me to a room with glass doors conjoined neatly

After being welcomed inside as if I was a princess, I was bewitched by the sight of a beautiful banquet.
.
.