...

How...

'Stop doing that.'

Akechi smiled.

"Doing what?"

'Stop psychoanalyzing me. You know I think it's creepy.'

Akechi chuckled and ran his fingers through Saiki's hair, only to have his hand carefully moved and placed by his side.

Had he not seen his blush get brighter and felt his hand being rubbed softly as it was set down, he might have been offended.

"Alright. Next time, I won't psychoanalyze you," he said, looking up at Saiki.

'You better not.'

********************

"Kusuo-kun, I think you're very cute."

'Shut up, I'm missing the movie. And move over, you're hogging the blanket.'

Akechi moved over on the bed and continued.

"Did you you not hear what I said? Of course, you were watching TV, and might not have been paying attention, or you may have not heard me due to the TV being slightly louder than usual. Unless you did hear me, which in that case-"

'I heard you. Now shush.'

"Oh? Than what did I say, exactly?"

Saiki scooted a little farther from Akechi.

"Kusuo-kun? What was it that I said...?"

'I'm not repeating it.'

"You must not have heard me," he said, leaning closer to him. "I said you are very cute."

Saiki turned away and cooled his face down.

'I heard you the first time.'

There was a sharp edge in his telepathic voice, which informed Akechi that he had won.

"Oh? Than why did you not tell me? Allow me to reiterate it for you; I find you quite endearing."

...

'I told you to stop doing this. You've been doing this non-stop for the past two weeks.'

Akechi had to hold back his laughter.

"Stop doing what? As I recall, it was sixteen days ago that you told me not to psychoanalyze you anymore, and I can successfully say I have not, at least since that particular conversation transpired. What I'm doing now is not a psychoanalysis per say, but instead a simple compliment. I personally believe that if you think something nice, or otherwise flattering about someone, it's best to say it. Especially..."

Akechi leaned in close, until his face was only a few centimeters away from Saiki's.

"Especially when it's true."

He heard Saiki's shuddering exhale and saw as he moved farther away, clearly defeated.

"You're only proving my point."

'Which point...?'

"Both. The way you're acting is not only entertaining, but invokes what a writer who uses hackneyed phrases in their literature would say, 'butterflies in my stomach'. A romantic cliche, but still somewhat accurate. Of course, while I do not have literal butterflies in my stomach, seeing how I do not regularly consume insects, or rather, I never consume insects, even though some people do. People do cook and eat crickets, ants, and even tarantulas, although I'll stop with this topic of conversation since it makes you uncomfortable. Anyway, I also find this very cute, which proves my second point, and because I'm rather enjoying this- the look on your face, your subtle blush- it was definitely a good idea to tell you."