One

NALIA

(Mirror, Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all.

We have all heard that phrase before. We cannot change how we look. Or, can we?)

"It's time to go to work N" said my roommate, pounding on my door. " The car is waiting".

I rolled over to my side, put a pillow over my head and said "5 minutes; MOM..."

"Oh" she muttered under her breath, as she walked to the sink. "You did not just call me that". She reached for the cupboard, took out a mug, filled the mug with water, walked towards the door of my room, opened it, walked toward my bed and dumped the water.

STELLA!! I screamed jumping up from my bed.

"You called me mom. So I am treating you like a mom" she said grinning from ear to ear.

I just stared at her and said "You are unbelievable..."

"I know" she said and strutted out of the room.

I sat up and plucked my glasses from the bedstand on my right. "Sigh" I thought. "New day, same old me. I swung my legs to the side of the bed and hesitate to stand up. I turned my head to look over at the time and its half passed six. "Shit" I cried out and jumped up out of my bed. I'm late.

"Told you" Stella yelled out from the kitchen.
"I am leaving in 15 minutes. if you are not ready, find another way to work.

"Shit" I muttered scurrying to the bathroom. Looking at the mirror at my reflection. My parents named me Nalia. A pretty name. I never thought that my name fit with; well... me. Nalia seemed like a princess's name. A name fit for royalty. My friends call me N. Which I guess you are because I'm literally talking to myself.

I'm average. A 5'6, 180 pound girl with average black hair, brown eyes. Stella on the other hand. Well, she is a model. A 5'6, 150 pound bombshell blonde, blue eyes model.

She has modeled for Vogue, Elle, InStyle, etc. I really don't know why we are still friends.

I met Stella in second grade. She was the new kid. When the teacher introduced her to the class, I just saw something about that I liked about her and asked her to sit by me. We became best friends instantly.

In middle school and highschool, she was surrounded by guys asking her out, and I was there beside her trying to feen them off. Since she got guys and I didn't she would often take me with her to her dates. I went with her to dinner, movies, and bars as a third wheel. I know that she didn't want me to feel left out but going to those dates made me feel more left out.

Trying to multitask; I brushed my teeth, combed my hair. " I should've gotten better at this by now" I muttered. Putting on my clothes on and grabbing my purse; I went to the kitchen to pour my self some coffee.

I looked at the pot. It was empty.

I looked over at Stella and she shook 2 travel mugs at me.

"You are truly a life saver" I said grabbing a mug.

"I know" Stella said walking to the door. "Hurry up and get your ass into the car".

With coffee my hand; I scurried to the car. Stella got in beside me and the driver took off to take us to work.