cartier baby <333

Ever since you received your invitation, you were constantly nervous about attending the Met Gala even though your boyfriend was co-hosting. Timothée didn't seem fazed whatsoever but maybe he didn't have time to be between the meetings and planning. All of your anxieties seemed so trivial compared to all the things that could go wrong for him but he listened to you cry anyways.

You sat in the makeup chair that Monday evening nearly on the verge of tears from nervousness. Timothée told you to call if you needed him but it didn't seem worth it to bother a co-host for whatever first world problem you were having. You forced yourself to breathe through it.

There was a knock on the door of your hotel room as your stylist helped you into your dress. Everyone in the room jumped up to answer it or ask each other who it was. You heard someone say Timothée's name and a few seconds later he was standing right in front of you.

"Damn," he said, completely taken aback by you. "Best dressed already."

"Stop it, I'm gonna cry," you said, tears threatening to spill over already.

"What are you crying for? What's the matter?" He wrapped you in a hug. "Don't be nervous, baby, it's nothing you can't handle. It's just a glorified red carpet."

"I know, I know." You shook your head, annoyed that you were letting this get to you.

"I got something that'll make you feel better," Timothée said, gently stroking your cheek. "Come in here." He took your hand and led you to the main room.

"What's all this?" Black velvet boxes sat on the coffee table.

"Remember when I mentioned a business deal?" Timothée said, urging you to take a seat on the couch. He sat next to you and took a box in his hands.

"Are you proposing before the Met?"

"Not like that, but I do love you very much." He popped the box open to reveal an emerald ring with the biggest stone you'd ever seen.

"Oh my god," you gasped.

"I got a Cartier deal," he said. "And I asked if they could send some gifts over for my beautiful girlfriend."

"Are you serious?"

"You deserve it." Timothée reached for another case containing a diamond necklace and matching earrings. "And I knew how nervous you were about tonight so I thought these would make you feel a little better."

"This is incredible." Each box you opened had jewels more beautiful than the last. "And congrats on the brand deal."

"Thanks," he laughed. "I was debating on whether or not to surprise you but I'm glad I did."

"Me too. Thank you so much, these are gorgeous." The diamonds were too lovely to resist. "I think these would be perfect."

Timothée draped the diamonds around your neck, goosebumps rising when his skin graced yours. He pressed lingering kisses to your shoulders and nuzzled his face in the nape of your neck. "You're so beautiful."

"All thanks to Cartier."

"Absolutely not." More shoulder kisses and a squeeze to your waist. "I can't wait to see you on the carpet tonight. We might be able to take a few pictures if I'm too busy with hosting or whatever."

"We'll have plenty of time at the after party ... and the after after party," you joked, falling back into his chest. "That's more fun anyways."

"Very true. And I should get going actually, but I'll see you later." He kissed you again when you stood up from the couch. "No reason to be nervous, alright?" He took off the bracelet on his wrist and gave it to you. He smiled as he lifted your hand to his lips. "I'll be around if you need me."

"I love you so much," you sighed. Every time you thought you couldn't love him more you proved yourself wrong.

"I love you too. See you out there." One last kiss and he left you alone with hundreds of thousands dollars worth of Cartier and all the confidence you needed to get through the night.