Chapter 6 - What squad? Since When Do We Have A Squad?

ابدأ من البداية

"I'm serious Coop. Have at it." I smiled at him, and he looked at me for a second before hugging me.

After taking three bites, he looks up to the heavens and yells "I have finally regained my will to live!"

"Ok bro, you have got to stop moving so I can take it out!" Yelled Lara, tissue paper in hand trying to scrape the blended kale out of his hair.

"If you bend my neck half an inch more, it's going to break. What are you? Satan's minion? Slow down!" Exclaimed Landon, just as she bent his neck a little too far - slamming his head against the table in the process.

"Ow!" Lara laughed while Cooper and I just looked at them weirdly.

My phone vibrating caught my attention, and I unlocked it to be greeted by a message from Axel.

From: Axel🥸
What squad? Since when do we have a squad? We can tell them we both died and we can go alone. How about that?

To: Axel🥸
Okay buddy that's a little extreme. It's ok! We can go with them to the arcade tomorrow and we can always go another time.😇😇

From: Axel🥸
I guess we could do that. But the next time we go - it's going to be a proper night out. A nice restaurant, a movie, and whatever people do.

To: Axel🥸
Hold your horses. You mean to tell me that you know restaurants other than the love shack? I am in shock.

From: Axel🥸
You'd be surprised 😉

To: Axel🥸
But let's keep it on the DL. They already think there's something going on between us. I don't want to start anything.

From: Axel🥸
Well if we do keep it on the DL they'll definitely think there's something then they'll berate us for not telling them and Landon lives with me since we both go to university together - so he always knows where I'm going. Well mostly 😬😬😬

To: Axel🥸
I mean ok go ahead dude. Then that would mean they're coming with us to the restaurant and the movies and this could be a squad outing!! 👍🏼

From: Axel🥸
Yaaaa hell to the no. Fine. But you have to let me pick you up from your house. I'm doing this thing properly.

To: Axel🥸
I don't think so buddy. This is my way of apologizing to you for being all weird. I'm the one who's going to pick YOU up, because this whole thing is my treat 🤷🏻‍♀️

"Who are you talking to that got you all smiling like that?" Asked Landon as he came back from the washroom. He finally realized that there was water right there and decided to just wash it.

"Do you know that there is a huge bruise on your forehead?" I laughed, hiding my phone and praying to God he drops it.

"I know the size of freakin LA! Thanks a lot minion girl." He said, rubbing on his head.

Cooper finished the food, went downstairs to get a drink and is currently "resting his head".

"So where are we going to meet tomorrow? Is someone picking someone up?" Asked Lara.

"I think..... I think, Axel is already picking Soph up and I'll be there with him. So that leaves you and sleeping not-so-beauty there." He said, nodding his head towards Cooper.