In The End, We can Smile

Phil told himself often that he didn't need more kids. He'd told himself that when he first took in Techno as well as when he found the three hybrids that became his brothers years later.

Least to say, in this sense, Phil was horrible at keeping his word.

Raiding one of the most protected Strongholds was not going to be easy. He had expected that, knowing full well that many higher-ups from the Capitol came here. It was well fortified and protected which was worrying, to say the least.

Phil had faith in his boys as well as the other hybrids that often joined them on their raids, but he was no fool. The human knew he made the right choice when calling upon Skeppy and his family for this mission. Tommy and Tubbo had been ecstatic over the news while Wilbur and Technoblade were more professional about it. That was fine Phil was expecting that.

What Phil was more worried about was how Ranboo would handle this mission.

Ranboo had insisted on learning how to fight the moment his body was able to and Phil was not one to turn down such a request. He was doing well too. Ranboo had proven himself to be quite skilled when out on missions with the rest of them and seemed to become more content with his newly given freedom with each one that was accomplished. Those had been to smaller establishments, however. It had been close to a year since Phil had found a Stronghold and found Ranboo as well.

"There was someone here," Techno muttered as he swiped his fingers through a crimson puddle that lay in the middle of the only cage present in the room. Phil looked around and scowled when he spotted a rusty muzzle on the floor a few feet away.

"Not much we can do now," The human grunted as he stood, Techniblade following suit. "We need to hurry before the boys are finished,"

They quickly rushed through the rooms, ushering any stragglers to the exits. Once they were outside, Techno looked to the skies and whistled loudly.

A shape swooped down from the sky and threw something at the Stronghold's entrance. Within seconds the place was blown sky-high. Phil smiled fondly when he heard Tommy's voice whoop loudly as the place continued to burn.

"Phil!" Blue eyes snapped in the direction of the voice, catching sight of Tubbo waving his arms over his head. The boy gestured wildly at something once he caught his attention. "There's someone over here!"

Phil would never dream of sending any of his children back to the hell they came from. He knew all too well how it hurt them and still struggled some days when it got bad. So, he believed he was rightfully nervous about sending Ranboo into the very place he grew to fear and despise. He didn't want to make the kid feel impotent either, so having him stay behind was not a good option.

Maybe he was worrying too much. It wasn't like the boy was going in alone. He and Techno would be right by him the whole way, not to mention Tommy and Tubbo would stick close to him before the mission started as well as when it was finished.

Phil was proud of how close the three had come. Tommy still often denied any soft feelings for the tall teen but anyone with eyes could tell it was all an act. Tubbo openly showed how much he adored Ranboo which was not much of a surprise but what Phil found himself focusing on was how carefully Tubbo was with him. Tubbo wasn't as quick to hug Ranboo as he was to tackle Tommy or Wilbur. Ranboo barely reacted well with touch so it was endearing seeing how considerate Tubbo was with him. Phil could count on one hand how many times he'd seen the two hug.

That was normal though.

So it could also be considered normal for Phil to be shocked and greatly confused when he stumbled upon seeing Ranboo latched onto one of Skeppy's boys as if his life depended on it, the other holding his child just as tightly.