9

I had stayed with Clint for a few months before he let me outside of my stall; albeit was still in a small fenced in area, but I was still in the sun.

There was a door on the back of my stall that led to a small fenced in yard, which I spent all day in.

Clint closed me in the stall at night though, I wondered what night looked like...

I didn't drink milk anymore, I stopped that almost a month ago. Clint fed me a mixture of corn and pellets now.
.
.
.
I was munching on some grass when I heard Clint and Cooper coming, "Now remember Coop, he's not gonna like this," I heard Clint saying.

"You're gonna have to do it fast," he added as they approached my fence.

I lifted my head, still chewing on some grass as I stared at them.

They stared back, I twitched an ear back and bleeted at them.

Clint had a weird... thing... in his hand. I'd never seen it before.

"Hey Starbuck," Clint said as he opened the gate. He sounded like he was up to something.

He extended his other hand towards me, which was full of corn.

I liked corn. Clint handed Cooper the weird thing.

I started to munch on the corn Clint had.

Cooper stepped up beside me, I lifted my head to stare at him for a few moments before going back to my corn.

Something cold touched my ear before- ow!

I bleeted and jumped away from the pair, shaking my head. There was something in my ear hitting me.

"Did we have to tag him dad?" I heard Cooper ask.

I stared at the pair in betrayal, my ears turned back.

"If we don't then he's a wild deer that anyone can shoot," Clint responded.

"Let's give him some time to calm down Coop," Clint added, escorting Cooper and himself out of my yard.