~Chapter 17~

Y/n POV

My eyes flutter open. I look around and see I'm not in the same room as before. Emily is next to me. She's still unconscious. We're both tied up, on some chair.

"Emily?" I yell-whisper. "Emily?!"

Emily opens her eyes. I can see that's she's terrified. I see it in her eyes.

"Y/n? Where are we?" she asks. Before I can answer, someone else answers. It's Ava. She just walked in.

"That's not important right now, Emily," she says whilst coming closer. She takes a chair and sits down in front of us. Not long after Ava, a doctor comes in. It's a girl, she's around my age. She doesn't look scary. She has grey eyes and has black hair, 'till just above her shoulders. She has pink-purple-blue highlights in her hair. (yk what I mean? I mean highlights that go from pink to purple  to blue. I hope you understand what I mean :V)

"My name is Rose. What are your names?" She asks. She sounds kind.

"Emily," Emily says silently.

"What?" Rose asks. She didn't really hear it.

"Emily." Emily repeats louder this time.

"And what about you?" Rose looks at me.

"Y/-" I try to say, but something in my shoulder starts hurting very badly. "Subject C." I manage to say. When I said that, the pain stopped. I sigh.

"Okay, Emily and Subject C." She looks at me weirdly and as if she's sorry for me because of what I say was my name.  "Mrs. Paige is going to say some things to you. I will come back in a few minutes." Rose gives us a smile and walks out. Ratman walks in and sits down next to Ava. He has this evil smile plastered on his face, as always.

"Do you know why we do tests on you?" Ava asks, sounding innocent. Me and Emily both shake our heads.

"You know, subject C." I still think it's weird to be called subject C. It makes me angry. You know, if I could kill Janson right now... I have many ideas, I'll tell a few, you can tell some too, maybe I can kill him in that way.

 I have many ideas, I'll tell a few, you can tell some too, maybe I can kill him in that way

Okay, forget that I made that. I didn't make a list with posibilities to kill Ratman. I didn't. I didn't do anything. No, nothing at all. I never think about killing Janson. Nope. Never. You didn't see this list. Alright? No one did. I didn't even make it. It doesn't exist.

My thoughts about killing Janson, wich I didn't have, got broken by the ratman himself tcontinung his talk.

"You're the cure." ratman finished his sentence.

"What?" I ask. "Then why do you put all those children in mazes, why... Why is EMily here then-?"

"Emily is here so you're not alone. Thana would be with you too but you tried to escape and she got away." Ava says.

"So... I'm the cure... And no one thought it was important to tell me?" I ask - mostly - confused.

"Well, no. It wasn't. Ava just wanted to tell you." Janson says. "Oh, and your friends escaped the maze." I have no idea why he said that, but ok. Ratman and Ava stand up and walk out of the room.

So they escaped? I knew they could do it!

A/n: I hope you liked the chapter! :D

Oh, and I've read an amazing fanfiction, it's an Sonya x reader! You should really check it! It's in a list on my account, 'You should read these <3'

- Jasmien xxx