Angelic Visitor

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
ꗄꦃ

Reader's POV

The clattering sound of rain against metal is not something you find soothing. It's loud, distracting, and reminds you of one of those annoying people who refuse to quit tapping their fingers on the desk. The heavier it rains, the more it sounds like a speaker that's blasting static. You wish it would stop raining. You wish this day could be over, so you could get off of this bus and go home. Both of those options however, seem unlikely.

You watch through the fog glazed window as cars on the other side of the street speed by in a blur. The glass is cold against your cheek, but you're to tired to lift your head up from the pane. With several stops to go before yours, and with your eyes so heavy, maybe a quick nap would do you some good. Just as your eyes begin to droop, the bus comes to a squeaking hault, jostling you in your seat, almost causing your head to bang against the window. The doors open for an exchange of passengers. There isn't anyone sitting next to you, but this bus is getting full. Some people get up, grab their things..and leave, the squeak of their wet shoes gliding against the bus floor after them. You don't really pay any attention to the other people around you, keeping your eyes cast out the window...until a presence next to you catches your awareness.

You turn your head.

A young man has decided to sit next to you. You notice he's dressed in a purple shirt with cut off sleeves, and a dark pair of jeans. His hair is slicked back, but shaved on the sides. His face is flawless, accented by a bit of facial hair below his lip.Your immediate reaction is to stare. His skin is glazed with spritz of water from the rain...his clothes spotted with dark wet droplets..his hair dripping from the ends...

You can't help it...he's beautiful. You're being drawn in...and you're not sure why. Suddenly the shuffle and rush of the other passengers fades away...and now it's just you and him. This gorgeous creature who has graced you with his presence. Words have failed you..but then he turns to you and says:

"If you're going to stare...the least you could do is tell me your name."

His voice is like cutting through butter. It's smooth and raspy...deep like the expanse of the ocean...dark enough to give you chills. His red eyes scan you up and down..and suddenly you feel like a deer in headlights. Have you forgotten your name? Embarrassing. Completely embarrassing. You probably look like a heated mess right now...as if today could get any worse.

"I-It's (Y/N)..." you manage to say.

He smirks.

That smirk is deadly...you don't think you've ever seen anyone with fangs before...except maybe in a movie. Who is this person? What is this person?

"I'm Damien.." he says, turning in the seat to move closer to you. "You look tired (Y/N), long day?"

"You have no idea.." You mumble, trying to stay as close to the window as possible.

Damien's smirk grows wider, and he leans back in the seat you and him are sharing. He lifts one arm and moves it back to rest it on the top of the seat behind you.

"If you'd like, you could always lean on me." He said, a certain playful look in his eye.

"Lean on you? I think I'll manage.." You say, even though your insides are screaming at you to agree.

It seems he can tell. Because he wraps an arm around you and pulls you closer anyway, letting you rest your head on his shoulder.

"There, isn't that better?" He whispers like a dream, his arm enclosing you in his warmth.

You want to resist. You want to pull away. You want to punch the lights out of this stranger...but, you can't. You tucked into the crook of his neck, propped against his shoulder...it was as if something was holding you there. He was warm...the scent of his skin was heavenly..a mix of mahogany and winter pines..with a touch of steel. Iron? It smelt metallic...like...blood? You didn't care. You can feel your eyes begin to close..

You could stay on this bus for an eternity..

Next to Damien.

Today's routine was one to forget about...but running into this strange man on the bus..has made it seem not so bad. Just as you were drifting off, letting your worries fade away...the bus runs over a large pot hole that sends you flying upright in your seat, almost back into the same frosted window.

You look around, rubbing the sleep from your eyes..

And Damien is gone.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
ꗄꦃ