13: I love you too

Author's point of view

"Why are you worried about me?!" Jong Hoon couldn't answer her question. "Why are you worried about---"

"Saranghanikka! (Because I love you!)"

She couldn't say anything.

Her heart began racing like crazy.

The world seemed to have existed only for the two of them.

"Ne?"

"Saranghae, Kang Sol."

"At that time, when you and Jae Hoon-sshi were talking about me, why did you say I'm just the same Sol A who used to be your student?"

"Because I've loved you for years, without realizing it." He paused.
"All I thought, I was just feeling weird every time I saw you because I saw potential in you." He added. "But I was wrong. I've loved you for years and I still do."

"Nado saranghaeyo."

"Mwo?" He was surprised to hear that from her.

"Saranghae, Yang-gyosunim."

"What you're feeling isn't love. Maybe you just see me as a father and you're confusing that with romantic feelings."

"Who are you to say that? You just care about your reputation, don't you?" He was speechless. "If that's it, then I'm leaving. I want a man who's brave enough to love me despite what people will say." She was already about to go. "If you only care about your reputation, you shouldn't have confused me. You shouldn't have played with my feelings."

She started walking away from him. Her heart felt like it was going to burst. It hurt so much. Then it started raining. But to her surprise, she wasn't getting soaked in the rain. She looked up confusingly. That was when she realized Jong Hoon was behind her sharing his umbrella with her.

"It's not my job and my reputation that I care about. It's yours. Aside from being the Kang Sol that I love, you're a lawyer too. And I know that very well aside from anyone." He said looking at her in the eyes. Their faces were so close to each other. "We can't be together." He added.

"Who said we can't?"

"Other people will---"

"Why do their opinions matter? If we love each other, why can't we be together?"

That hit Jong Hoon. He couldn't say anything. They were just looking into each other's eyes.