Chapter 4: The Almost Happen

Malin and I walked together up the stairs to our rooms.
Slowly, but surely, Malin asked me,
" Hey, Evelyn, do you want to come in my room?" He kinda sounded unsure I would say yes.
I smiled, and replied, "I would love too."
Of course, he wanted me to listen to some inappropriate music he has on his ipod. We sat on the regular bed. My legs were crossed, his feet on the floor. I wore his headphones and he wore earbuds. The songs switched again and again, finally a romantic song came on. Malin looked at me with those dazzling blue eyes, like saphires. He looked into mine and I looked into his. We were alone in the room, perfect moment. He put his hand on my ear to my side of my head, smoothed out my dirty blonde hair. Both of us still looking into each others eyes. I put my hands on his shoulders, close my eyes, lean forward and I hear the door open. I turn around it's Chase at the door.
"Woah, what just happened? " Asked Chase.
Malin and I acted like we were just listening to music.
"Just listening to music," I quickly tried to save that episode from being shared.
"Shoot," I thought, "Now Chase is going to tell everyone that we were kissing."
"Well, I just came in to get money for the vending machine," Chase suspiciously said.
He got the money from his suitcase then said, "I'll be going now."
Once Chase left we just sat there in the lit room of silence.
"So...." Malin started, "that was awkward."
"Yeah," I agreed.
"That was embarrassing," I thought.
But really I felt I was so close, but so far.
"Well, I should be going," I said uneasily.
I took the orange headphones off and the music went away.
"You don't have to go," Malin pleaded.
" I shouldn't interact with your time, while you could be doing something with your friends," I said as I started to walk away.
Malin grabbed my hand, I looked back at him as he said,
"It's not like that," he pleaded.
I replied, "Well, it's late anyway, I should be going."
I opened the door and walked out, but I wish I hadn't, I didn't even look back. I hope I didn't make him feel bad. I opened the door to my room and walked in quietly.