Chapter 2

Infinite tossed and turned, sleep deciding to clock out. He sighed and sat up, knowing he wouldn't sleep that night. He looked around, before turning on his lamp and picking up his tablet. He opened up the file and checked the location he had pulled up. It was in the forest, like Knuckles said, but maybe not the same location. He shrugged. He was just hoping it was her. With that thought, his eyes were starting to actually droop. He shut off my tablet, and finally fell asleep.

Dream

The small child ran around Infinite in circles. No, he was Zero back then. The child tackle hugged him. 

"Brother, can I show you something?"

"Sure, dork."

The child bounced up and down, before running to the two's shared room, and holding up a large mask. It was a dark gray, with a yellow jagged eye piece like a lightning bolt where the eye went. Large ears pieces were for her ears to fit into, and the other spot for her eye was blocked. She put it on, climbed onto one of the chairs they, and got into a pose.

"Mister Zero, I shall defeat you with the power of electricity!"

The child tackled him from the chair, launching them at the floor. They both laughed. 

End of Dream

Infinite sat up, and sighed at the memory. He slid out of bed and got ready for the day.

Gadget snickered at Infinite's excitement the next morning. "Why're you so hyper?" "Because of today!" Infinite exclaimed. "Alright." Gadget responded. Infinite heard his name called and zoomed to the doorway, fining Silver and Sonic waiting. All three began racing each other to the location, Infinite huffing as Sonic bragged. They all heard a bush shuffle, and Infinite's ears went up. Next thing they knew, Sonic had a knife to against his neck, and a masked figure standing behind him. The figure was spin dashed, and the figure fell back. The figure was probably the side of a child, a white stripe running down their side, and they were light gray. They had a mask hiding their entire face. Infinite froze. The mask... it was like his, just a darker gray and the eye piece was yellow. Straight hair fell down the figure's back, and the figure had a poofy tail, dark gray gloves, and black combat boots. The figure froze when the spotted Infinite, before they removed the mask.

"Brother...?"