Drunken Truth

Beginne am Anfang

Y/N's eyes go wide, turning to her sister in shock. "Ida!" She hisses.

"No, I don't." Diluc states.

Kaeya lets out a chuckle. "I wouldn't try if I were you. He doesn't particularly like Fatui." He warns with a smirk.

"Ah, are you also a Knight of Favonius?" Ida asks.

Diluc clicks his tongue, Kaeya and Y/N suppressing a laugh, though Kaeya is unsuccessful. "He doesn't particularly like the Knights of Favonius, either." Kaeya responds.

Ida chuckles. "Ha, turns out Y/N is a future Fatui, from a Fatui family and a Knight of Favonius Captain." Y/N's heart sinks at being called a future Fatui. "How do you and Y/N get along?"

"We don't." Diluc and Y/N state in unison.

"They don't." Kaeya chimes in at the same time.

Ida's eyes widen in a bit of surprise. "Really? I thought you two had a bit more than that going on."

Kaeya is the only one to crack a laugh. "The day Diluc brings Y/N home is the day Celestia will fall."

Well... Diluc and Y/N both think of Y/N spending the night at the winery last night, but choose not to comment on it.

Y/N takes a sip of her wine, Ida doing the same and emptying her glass. Diluc refills Ida's glass. "Speaking of falling..." Y/N internally cringes at her horrible segway. "That building in Springvale and the flower shop collapsing was definitely something."

"Did you figure anything out?" Kaeya asks.

"I have my theories." Y/N responds before turning to her sister. "What do you think?"

Ida shrugs. "I'm not the one who's the Captain of the Investigative department, am I?" She says, drinking her wine.

"Even so, it's a curious case, don't you think?" Y/N pries, trying to ease into asking why her sister's footprints were in the collapsed house in Springvale, or trying to get any information out of her at all.

"I guess it is." Ida replies. "Is that what you were investigating when we bumped into each other?"

Y/N nods. "Yeah, it was. What were you doing, though? I totally thought you were some creep watching me from the trees."

Ida lets out a small laugh. "Top secret Fatui business. You don't need to know."

"I'm just curious." Y/N hums taking another sip and watching her sister do the same.

Kaeya and Diluc are beginning to sense Y/N's intentions of getting her sister to spill whatever information Y/N is prying for. Diluc continues to refill Ida's drink, assuring her it's free for first-time patrons.

"You know," Ida starts, her words beginning to slur a bit from the effect of the alcohol. "Your hair looks really good in that high ponytail." She says to Diluc.

"Oh, thank you." He responds, his tone making his statement sound almost like a question.

"That reminds me, what possessed you to bleach your hair?" Y/N asks her sister. Usually, Ida's hair is a much darker shade of brown than her current white-blonde hair that's almost glowing under the warm tavern lights.

"Oh right, you haven't seen me in a while." Ida responds. "I've been changing my hair colour quite frequently in the past year or so." She swirls her drinks around in the glass.

"Can't believe mom and dad let you." Y/N mutters. "Usually they're so strict with everything."

"Believe me, it took a lot of convincing." Ida says. "But how could they deny a small request from their dutiful daughter?"