I finished my makeup with a hint of blush and I also curled my lashes before grabbing my black purse. Shantel was excitedly telling me about this bar where her friend works, so I agreed to go there with her.

Habang nasa sasakyan, hindi ko maiwasang mapaisip kung saan ako pupulutin kung hindi niya ako pinagtiyagaan.

I must have gone back to smoking cigarettes or locking myself in my room for days that I forgot how to eat and the next thing I knew, I landed up in the ER for ulcer. I didn't manage to read the entirety of the letter, but I know exactly what it meant.

The familiar pain of loss stirred under my skin, rising to my throat, and it made me want to puke. I swallowed my sobs away and blinked back my tears. Shantel must've noticed. She always does. She blinked at my softly while her two hands are still busy with the steering wheel.

"Ayos ka lang?"

I nodded slowly. Ilang beses na rin akong natulungan ng alak at sigarilyo para kalimutan ang mga dapat kalimutan. Tonight shouldn't be any different.

"Kung wala ka sa mood-"

"Ayos lang." I insisted. When she just stared at me, I continued to press, nodding my head eagerly. "Talaga. Ayos lang."

She did not speak anymore. I liked that she didn't try to cheer me up after coming up with a conclusion that there was nothing else to cheer me up when I'm this fucked. Instead, she held my hand gently, almost sister-like, as she led me into a dark room full of dancing people and loud music everywhere.

Nagtungo kaming dalawa sa mataas na counter sa pinakadulo, kung saan naroon ang lalaking naka-itim na uniform. I assume he's the barista. His hair is short yet a bit messy. Some long strands curled at the end, giving me a hint of what it'd look like when his hair is longer. His eyes are dark, almost cruel, but he's got to have the best, friendliest smile I've ever seen.

"Shantel!" he called, setting down a tall glass of a pale pink liquid in front of a female customer. Halata namang nagpapa-cute ang customer sa kaniya, pero hindi niya pinansin.

Shantel settled in one of the stools in front of the counter, and gestured for the empty stool next to her. I occupied it while my gaze scanned the variety of liquors and alcohol I could drown myself with tonight.

"Czarina, this is Kyros. Kyros, Czarina." Maikling pagpapakilala ni Shantel sa aming dalawa.

Kyros grinned at me, offering his hand. "I'm Kyros. Shantel's best friend."

"Ulol," Shantel retorted. "I don't do best friends."

"Nahihiya lang siyang aminin," pabulong niya pang sabi. "Sad girl kasi yan sa school." He leaned closer and smiled at me. "What can I get you?"

I smiled and shrugged. Hindi naman ako maalam sa mga alak. Umiinom ako pero yung mga in-offer lang sa akin sa inuman o di kaya mga party na dinadaluhan ko.

"I'll leave it to you. I'm hoping for something strong."

He whistled and nodded, then turned to Shantel. "The usual?"

She nodded without taking her gaze off her phone. Mukhang busy sa pagtitipa ng text sa kung sino. I cleared my throat and glanced around. I've been here once, before. But it was with Sorcha. She's so fond of bar hopping that we'd end up super drunk on our third bar.

"Czarina?"

Napatingin ako kay Shantel. She's smiling at me now. Inabot sa akin ni Kyros ang inumin ko. It's a pale blue liquid served in a crystal glass. It looks very harmless, but the smell itself is too strong. I swallowed and brought the glass to my lips, then took it in three gulps. Gumuhit agad ang hapdi sa lalamunan ko. It left a very bitter yet sweet aftertaste.