Awkward Drive Home

I was at the mall with Aubrey and Gia. 

Aubrey and I are really close. We don't really have a lot in common though. I am more in to reading, focusing on school, grades, and things whereas she is more into cheerleading, fashion, parties, you know, the popular stuff. We are so different that you would find it weird that we're best friends. I love hanging out with her and she is amazing

A thing she does not like about me is my huge crush on her brother, Aaron Chris. I know. I'm probably the dumbest person alive on earth to have a crush on the biggest player in school. And I don't like him just because of his looks. The way he smiles that makes him look genuinely happy. And how he is so carefree and how maintains his positive attitude at all times. He lightens up every dark day with dashing smiles. He's damn cocky though. Not an arrogant kind of cocky, more like a charming, funny kind of cockiness.  Though he maintains this positive attitude most of the time, a tint of negative emotion can turn into an entirely different person. His anger driven fights and judgments can be very dangerous. The happy, positive Allen could turn into you worst nightmare. It's kind of scary how he changes personality so quick. Maybe all those happy vibes he gives out is a way to hide his anger from other people cause he knows that he'll mess things up when he gets angry.

Now you may think that I'm damn close to him that I know all of these about him.

But NO.

We sit on the same table across each other every day during lunch. But I don't think that he even knows my name. Not his fault. I can blame it on my social status and my awkward, boring personality. I know him this well because I see him every day when I'm with Aubrey or Gia or Zion. I'm pretty close with all three of them. And they are the closest people Aaron has. So I know a lot of him.

Gia was one of the cheerleader on Aubrey's cheer squad. She is one of the very few people that know that I exist.

"This is the store where I saw that dress yesterday" Aubrey said pointing at one of the stores. We walked in. Aubrey and Gia spend a long time searching for this dress that Aubrey thought was perfect for Gia. I just sat there playing word search on my phone.

"I can't find it" Aubrey cried. "You should have come with me yesterday. Where the hell were you?"

"I was at you house" Gia replied casually.

"Why?" she asked sounding confused whereas Gia smirked. Then her eyes widened, "Ugh, Gross"

Gia was hooking up with Aaron. Gia is Aaron's favorite hook up.

"Aubrey, the dress you're looking for is not there. Can we leave?" I asked

"Yeah, good idea. I don't want to be here anymore," said Gia. I'm surprised

"Since when do you so not want to be in a mall? You love shopping " I exclaimed.

"I love shopping. But do you know what I love more? Spending time with Aaron. He's picking me up in 5 min"

I should've guessed

"Oh great, now I won't get peace at home" Aubry scoffed

"Don't worry. We're going to my place" said Gia

"It's all sorted. Let's leave" I said excitedly.

"But I'm not done shopping" Aubrey whined

"Well I am so done shopping. I'm going home" I said

* 5 minutes later *

We exited the mall and saw Aaron waiting outside in his Aston Martin DB11 Convertible.

Damn his hot car and hot self

I also spotted Zion sitting in the passenger seat. Damn his hot best friend too.

Aubrey pulled Zion out of the car and had a short conversation with him.

A while later she came up to me with a horrible new. Well, at least horrible for me.

"Guess what I'm continuing shopping with Zion" I looked over at Zion who wore ' Darn my luck ' look on his face. I gave him sympathetic look before turning back to Aubrey while she continued, " I know that I was your ride, but Aaron would be more than happy to drop you off at your house, wouldn't he? " she said giving Aaron a pointed look. He rolled his eyes and looked forward.

He didn't look very excited. Well, why would he be excited to drive a nobody to her house in the middle of nowhere when he could be spending that time banging his girlfriend or hook up or Whatever she is.

Once Aubrey got back into the mall, I walked over to his car.

"I could just call a cab. You don't have to drive me " I said looking mainly at Gia 'cause I don't think words would come out of my mouth if I was looking at Aaron. I honestly don't want to get in the way of whatever their planning to do.

Gia opened her mouth to reply and from her expression, I could say that she agreed with me but Aaron but her to it, " No it's fine. You can get in. Aubrey would kill me if she found out that I left her friend alone " I decided not argue and got into the car. It was a scary ride. I really thought that I would die at the speed Aaron drove.

It was also a quiet ride. They probably felt awkward with me sitting behind. Once we reached my house I got out the car and said a 'thank you' before I did.

"Hey" I heard Aaron shout from behind. I turned to face him.

"What's your name?"

Just as I guessed. He does not know my name. Obviously he does not care. Why would he? I'm a nobody.

"It's Kayla" Gia's annoyed reply brought me back from my world of thoughts. That's when I realized that I had been standing there like a fool not being able to answer the simplest question there is. Oh god he probably thinks that I'm an idiot.

Aaron gave me an amused smirk, "See you later Kayla" 

Hi all! This is my first book. I hope you enjoyed it. 

What do you think of Kayla? I will be writing from her and Aaron's POV.

Please vote and comment if you like it.