Dukeceit Week | Day 1 | Anniversary Gifts

Pairing : Romantic Dukeceit (Married)

Summary : Remus planned a surprise for Janus for their happy five years <3

--------

"Remus put me down!" Janus giggled, beating his fists against his husband's back. Remus laughed, holding onto him tighter.

"No I've got a surprise for you and I'm taking you there! You're going to love it!" He cooed, running through the house. Janus laughed again and continued lightly punching Remus' back.

"Rem I can walk myself! Put me down!" He cried out, kicking his legs and giggling.

"Nope nope nope!" Remus laughed.

Eventually Janus felt himself slip out of Remus' arms and his feet made contact with the ground. He turned his head to look at his surroundings before he was suddenly shrouded in darkness. He placed his hands on the ones in front of his eyes and smiled at the familiarity of Remus' rough skin.

"Remus darling where are we?" Janus asked, rubbing Remus' hands and smiling as he waited for an answer from his husband. Janus felt his hat being removed from his head and little pecks being left on his head. He giggled, leaning against his husband, his gloved hands running over the ring on Remus' finger.

Slowly Remus split his fingers apart, revealing slivers of the outside world to the deceitful man. Janus' eyes wandered around the setting, noticing candles and gifts and a table set for two. A small draft drifted by, causing Janus to shiver. Finally Remus completely moved his hands away, revealing the beautiful scene outside that he had set up for the two of them. Janus took in a deep breath, relishing in all of the lovely smells.

There were stacks upon stacks of gift boxes wrapped in beautiful gold paper with floral patterns along the ribbons tied around them. There were sets of green and gold candles along a beautifully adorned table. A white table cloth with black rose and thorn patterns along the trim. Set on the table was honey roasted turkey, seasoned broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, a bowl of baked potatoes. Dishes of diced green onions and sour cream. A stick of butter, a basket of rolls, and two pies in the middle of the table along with a container of whipped cream beside it. There were multiple serving spoons and knives on the table.

Janus fiddled with the ring on his finger, his heart gushing with pure love and joy at the amount of effort Remus had put into doing this just for him. He always knew Remus' cooking was the best and his decorating while weird at times was absolutely impeccable, but he's never seen him go this far just to please him. He turned to face his husband and was met with his adorably crazy expression, a wide grin spread on Remus' face.

"You made this for me?" Janus gushed, a blush rising on his face. Remus nodded excitedly, bouncing up and down on his feet.

"You always spoil me so I decided to finally spoil you today! Cause you deserve it. You deserve the world even. But I can't really do that for you. So this is the next best thing! I hope." He explained, holding his own hands and bouncing even more.

"We'll eat, you can open your gifts, then we can gaze at the stars together!" He cheered, grabbing Janus' hand and pulling them up to his mouth, kissing his knuckles. Janus chuckled then frowned a little, gripping onto his hands tighter.

"Something wrong baby?" Remus asked, looking at him, concerned.

"I didn't get you anything." Janus sighed, looking towards the ground. "I'm sorry." He choked out.

"Hey, I just told you I did all of this to spoil you because in our five years of being married you spoiled me a fuckload. You deserve all of this. I don't care that you didn't get me anything, you being able to put up with me for so long is enough." Remus crooned, planting a kiss on Janus' forehead. He smiled up at his gremlin of a husband.

"Lets eat?" Remus asked, practically vibrating with happiness.

"Lets." Janus agreed, walking over to the table and taking a seat. Remus sat down right beside him and the two shared a lively conversation throughout dinner, a light breeze blowing past them, carrying the scent of summer flowers.

--------

The two of them stared up at the stars, Janus' head resting on Remus' chest, the sound of his heart beating residing in his ear.

"Janus?" Remus suddenly spoke out into the silence.

"Hmm?" Janus responded, looking up at his husband. Remus looked at the scaly man on his chest and smiled as their eyes locked onto one another's.

"Thank you for being the most incredible husband a duke could have ever asked for." He cooed, lifting Janus up towards the sky. He giggled and placed his hands on either side of Remus' head, smiling.

"And thank you for being the nicest, most generous man in my life. I love you Remus." Janus purred, caressing his husband's cheek with his hand.

"I love you more Janus." He answered back, pulling him in for a soft, sweet and tender kiss.

Dukeceit Week (7/9 - 7/15)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें