Part 31. Saving The Winter Soldier.

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Everything seems normal throughout dinner, just like the last few days. A trace of normality kicks in and time flies by while the room is filled with joyful conversations. And even if [Y/N] listens to her friends with a smile on her lips, her mind is with Bucky. She knows that she has to tell her friends that she can remember some things again but she wants to speak to Bucky alone beforehand. She wants to tell him what happened today and that she knew about him. But she is not quite sure what exactly to tell him and how. And even if she tries hard not to look at him too often, Bucky can feel every single look she gives him. It makes the evening seem incredibly long and when Natasha puts a bottle of wine on the table after dinner, he'd like to bang his head on the said table because he finally wants to talk to [Y/N] to know what her thoughts have been about all evening long but now has to wait even longer.

Sometime later Natasha and Steve place some games on the table and [Y/N] waves them a smile as she gets up from her seat. "I'm sorry but I call it a day. Enjoy your evening" she waves goodnight to her friends and ignores their complaints. Bucky looks at her with his eyes wide, knowing he can't just follow her without drawing attention and he's forced to stay some longer and [Y/N] tries to hide her amusement about the look he gives her as she leaves the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Her mind is wandering while brushing her teeth sometime later when she feels someone approaching her and when she lifts her head to check the reflection in the mirror, she sees Bucky standing right behind her. "Never do that again" he complains and [Y/N] chuckles.

"Do what?" she asks all innocent.

"Leave me down there after looking at me all evening long. You know I couldn't follow you!" he continues complaining and grabs his own toothbrush.

"What's so bad about playing cards with your friends?" [Y/N] asks before she rinses her mouth.

"Not having you by my side" Bucky answers and his metal arm wraps around her waist to keep her close, even though she's finished brushing her teeth. [Y/N] giggles as she's trying to break free from his grip but he's too strong. "Where do you think you're going?" Bucky mumbles smirking as his grip around her tightens, causing [Y/N] to giggle even more.

"Aren't you afraid that someone will see us?"

"They're all busy beating Steve in poker" Bucky explains nonchalant as he finishes brushing his teeth, too. He then throws [Y/N] over his shoulder, making her squeal in surprise. "Quiet or they'll hear us" he warns her smirking as he carries her to his room.

"What has gotten into you" [Y/N] laughs when he drops her on his bed and climbs on top of her.

A smirk lays on Bucky's lips, showing [Y/N] that he's up to no good. "I think you deserve some payback for your teasing."

"I didn't do anything, Barnes!" [Y/N] defends herself. "I just went upstairs!"

Bucky's grin fades slowly as his eyes now fill with concern. "You know I noticed all the looks you gave me. I know you better than that, [Y/N]. Something's wrong and I want you to tell me" he says sternly but sympathetic.

The spark in her eyes dies down as her smile fades as well and she looks deep into the blue ocean also known as Bucky's eyes. Her gaze becomes very soft and compassionate, almost filled with pain when she looks at him. Her right hand moves to his face, which Bucky instinctively leans against her palm and closes his eyes for a brief moment. "I'm so sorry" whispers [Y/N] when their eyes meet again. Her fingers travel to the back of his head and pull his face closer to place a kiss on his lips. She can only imagine the pain he had to go through when Hydra erased his memories or the burning feeling in his veins when they injected the Super Soldier Serum. Bucky can feel her desperation and pain as her lips touch his own and he tries to fix her broken part with his tenderness as she tries the same. "I wish I could have been there for you."