Y/n looked at the boy, "Harry, murder will send you to Azkaban..." She spoke, "I'll miss you way too much if you went to Azkaban..." She placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. 

The Quartet makes its way down the slope. Y/n not having shoes on because of Nargles "I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial." Said Ron harshly looking around.

"Harry, Y/n. Will you explain to your friend Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat." Hermione asked as they continued to walk. 

"Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her." 

Harry shook her head as Y/n turned to him, "No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got few other things on my mind right now!" Harry spoke as Everyone stopped walking. 

"Really? Wasn't you had to roll under the bed last night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!" 

Ron stops, wishes he could take it back. They all wish he could. Avoiding each other's eyes, they turn, continue on. "Lovely day-" Y/n defused the tension as they continued to walk. 

Hagrid, wearing a gigantic, hairy brown suit and perhaps the world's ugliest yellow and orange tie, stands kneedeep in the shallows of the Black Lake, skimming rocks as big as flagstones across the water's shiny gloss. 

As he turns, the trio catches a brief sight of his eyes, red with tears, then he looks away. "How'd it go, Hagrid?" 

"Buckbeak liked London" 

"That's wonderful, but what about the meeting?" Y/n asked looking at the man in the lake. 

"Oh. That. Well, I got up an' said my bit -- You know, how Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff an' as long as yeh treated 'im with respect, he'd treat you the same. Then Lucius Malfoy got up an' said his bit -- you know, how Buckbeak was a deadly dangerous beast that no teacher in their righ' mind would expose their students to..." 

"And...?"

Hagrid slings another rock into water. "You mustn't blame yourself, Hagrid." 

"Draco. It's him the Committee should punish. It's him they should send off to the forest, not Buckbeak." 

Y/n hit Ron's arm, "Buckbeak's not going back to the forest..." 

Hermione and Y/n exchanged looks and turned back to Hagrid, "Where's he going, Hagrid?" 

"He asked fer the worse, yeh see, Lucius Malfoy did. An' the Committee granted it. Buckbeak's bin sentenced ter death." Y/n's heart dropped at the idea of buckbeak being sentenced to death. 

Later that night, Dark. Ominous. Dementors drift in the distance. Restless... Silent. A room of shadows. While those around him slumber, Harry lies awake, unable to sleep. Finally, he turns to his cupboard, takes the Marauder's Map. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." 

The crooked corridors and serpentine passageways of Hogwarts radiate across the parchment, then a tiny dot catches Harry's eye. He frowns. It reads: "Peter Pettigrew." Harry moves down a dark corridor, map in hand, wand a glow

In the paintings he passes, the subjects snores.  "Harry Potter" and "Peter Pettigrew" draw closer and closer.

Harry squints toward the end of the corridor. Down at the map. Pettigrew moves quickly down the adjoining corridor. Twenty yards away. Ten. Only seconds away.