Chapter Two ~ Please Don't Tell

That day after Fitz and May had spent the night together they stayed professional. May, Coulson, and Skye were away on a mission and Fitz was working with Trip in the lab. "So May do you remember on Monday when you punched me extra hard during training?" Skye asked innocently while loading her gun "Yes and I already said sorry '' May answered flatly looking at her new model icer her face emotionless like normal.

Skye finished loading everything and put her guns in there holsters then took her phone out pulling up a picture she shoved the phone in Mays face "I think you should remember I have this and think twice before you almost break my nose again or I could just show this to everyone including AC" then she slipped her phone in her pocket and walked over to Coulson. May stood there in shock, almost frozen. She was furious. Did Skye really just try to black mail her? Also why had she gone into her room in the first place? "May you gonna come or not?" Coulson called out, making her snap out of her thoughts; she just nodded her head and followed them out of the zephyr and towards the hydra base. The rest of the mission went pretty smoothly. Coulson got kneed in the crotch, May got a big cut across her cheek, and Skye got shot in the shoulder but soon they were all back on board the zephyr flying home.

Skye hadn't said anything else to May the whole time but when the three arrived back at base they were surprised to see Jemma back from her undercover work along with Shield agent Bobbi Morse who had rescued Jemma and brought her back since she had also been undercover at hydra. "Jemma your back!" Skye shouted and ran over to hug her friend "yes yes it's great to be back here I missed all of you" Coulson and Trip came over and hugged her. May just gave her a tiny smile and looked into the lab to see Fitz angrily and nervously bustling around the lab seeming quite frazzled by Jemma's return probably had something to do with him and May sneaking around.

The whole team headed to the lounge to have a beer and unwind since they shouldn't have anything else to do today mission wise but May claimed she needed to finish up paperwork and Fitz said he had to finish up something he was working on but they both actually were hiding in a spare room. "Fitz you have to stop pacing cause now you have me pacing this can be easily fixed" May said calmly while pacing back and forth next to him "how...how really I mean she has a picture of us in bed together holding hands granted we were both fully clothed and were on opposite sides of the bed it still might look wrong then Jemma will hate me and Agent Coulson will be mad at you" their back and forth continued eventually Fitz ended up sitting on the floor in the corner of the room and May sat on her bed criss cross applesauce both of them fell silent.

About thirty minutes later Fitz returned to the lab and Jemma was there catching up on some work "Fitz can we please talk about this" she asked for probably the third time since he ignored the first two but finally he gave in and slammed down a couple books "fi..fin..fine! Jem...ma let's talk then" “You abandoning me after we almost died at the bottom of the ocean left me to try and recover and get better by myself when I could have Really! Really! Really! used you these past months but...but.. You just left without a word” Fitz looked down at his hand that was shaking and tears welling in his eyes. Jemma looked down at her shoes and nodded slowly “it was a mission I had to go undercover at hydra to get intel get inside and gain their trust I didn’t want to leave but they told me you would live and you would be ok so I thought it would be alright if I accepted the mission” Jemma finished saying her peace continuing her work Fitz didn’t respond and stayed quiet working.

May was finishing paperwork in Coulson’s office sitting on his couch while he was at his desk chair there was a comfortable silence with the hint of tension. “Skye’s been acting pretty smug and weird lately. Do you know anything about that?" Phil asked May still with that cold tone he's had towards her since the first day he found out she had been lying to him. "That's nothing new she's always acting weird and smug" May kept her usual straight face and flat tone "I only asked because I have a feeling she's keeping something from us" "well she probably wouldn't talk to me about it but maybe ask the others if she's said anything or go straight to her" May rolled her eyes and went back to looking at the report she had been working on.
"May let’s please talk about this look I'm -" Coulson started "No there's nothing to talk about you said some stuff  I said some things it's over" May got up and placed her finished work on his desk and left without another word.