Are you free tonight?

"A latte please." Oikawa replied, as went to grab his card.

"Don't worry about it. It's on the house, take a seat." Iwaizumi said.

Oikawa sat himself at a table close by. A few minutes later, Iwaizumi walked out from behind the counter with Oikawa's coffee. "Thank you." Oikawa said, all Iwaizumi did was smile as he walked away.

Soon enough, Iwaizumi's co-workers walked in each of them confused on why there was already a customer. "Yo, dude you're here early." Hanamaki said to Oikawa as he put on his apron. "Oh, yeah I forgot my phone here yesterday so I figured I would come grab it before it got busy. And Iwaizumi was already inside so I thought it was open.." Oikawa replied. Hanamaki rolled his eyes playfully "Of course you did." He snickered. Oikawa gave him a smile then proceeded to drink his latte.

Within about half an hour customers started rolling in, Oikawa sat by himself and began working on the chapter he was writing. It was clear that he was deep in thought, he barely noticed when Iwaizumi sat next to him. "Whatcha workin' on?" Iwaizumi spoke, startling Oikawa. "Shit you scared me!" He took a breath before speaking again. "I'm working on a chapter for my novel. But I'm really stumped on what to write next." He said finally taking his eyes off the screen. 

"Give us a look." Iwaizumi gestured to him. Oikawa nodded and turned his laptop so the other could read it. "Ah, a romance. Have you tried giving some intimacy to the character's relationship? Maybe that's what it's missin'." Iwaizumi turned the laptop back to him. "Oh, I never really thought of that. Thank you for the suggestion. I'll give it a try." Oikawa smiled and started writing again. 

15:30. That's what the clock read as Oikawa checked the time. Iwaizumi sat next to him again, handing him another coffee. "Huh? I didn't-" Iwaizumi cut him off, "It's on the house, you look like you need it." He laughed softly. "Thank you? I think?" Oikawa mumbled quietly. "How's the writing going?" Iwaizumi asked. "It's actually going really good, you were right about it needing intimacy." He replied, turning his laptop toward Iwaizumi again. "You're really talented. When are you planning on publishing this?" Iwaizumi asked. slightly tilting his head. "Hopefully soon. I'm just waiting on a publicist." Oikawa smiled sweetly.

"Let me know when you do, I'd love to read more of your material." Iwaizumi said as he got up again and went back to working. Oikawa went back to writing and before he knew it, it was already closing time. He packed up his stuff making sure to grab everything this time. "You got your phone this time?" Iwaizumi asked from across the room. "Yeah, Thank you again." Oikawa smiled softly. "No problem, make sure to come back soon." Iwaizumi waved as Oikawa left the building. 

As soon as Oikawa got home he started cooking dinner when suddenly he heard his phone ding. He picked it up and read the message.

{Hey Oikawa, It's Iwaizumi from The Coffee Barn. Hanamaki gave me your number.}

{Hello Iwaizumi. That's no issue, is there anything you need?}

{Nah, just wanted to know if you're free tonight? Hanamaki and I wanted to go check out this new club.}

{I'm not busy, where are we going?}

{There's this new club that opened a few weeks ago and we wanted to check it out, Hanamaki is bringing his boyfriend Matsukawa and I didn't feel like third wheeling.} 

{I'll be there, what time are we meeting?}

{Be there around 7? It's called Vance.}

{Alright, I'll see you guys there.}

Oikawa immediately dropped everything that he was doing, fed Kyo and started getting ready. By the time 7 rolled around he was outside of the club with Iwaizumi waiting for Hanamaki and Mastukawa. Iwaizumi checked his phone and sighed. "They just cancelled." "It'll be fine, you and I can still have fun." Oikawa said trying to cheer him up. "I mean I guess it saves us from having to thirdwheel all night." Iwaizumi laughed softly. "See! That's the attitude I want to hear." Oikawa smiled. "Let's head in."

After only a few hours of being there Oikawa was already very wasted and flirting with anyone he could find. Iwaizumi laughed every time he got rejected. "Ugh, I've lost my charm." He complained as he sat next to Iwaizumi again. "You're just doing it wrong." Iwaizumi laughed. "I'd like to see you try." Oikawa furrowed his brows. "Maybe I will." Iwaizumi winked at him playfully. "Go on, work your 'charms' on me." Oikawa laughed. Before he knew it Iwaizumi was cupping his face with one of his hands the other on his thigh. "This isn't my first rodeo, Oikawa." He smiled softly. Oikawa went red and started choking on his words. "T-Toru. You can call me Toru." He said while making eye contact with the other.

"Well, Toru. How about we get out of here?" Iwaizumi said with a slight smirk. Without a second thought Oikawa got out of his seat. "And you see. That's how it's done." Iwaizumi laughed. "Oh you're good." Oikawa sat back down sort of embarrassed. 

They both sat there laughing for a while over before getting up to go dance. Occasionally sharing a few glances. But alas the night must come to an end eventually. They stood outside waiting for their ubers. "Hey, I had a lot of fun tonight." Oikawa spoke. "I did too, would you like to do this again sometime? Maybe in a more.. intimate setting?" Iwaizumi suggested. "I'd love to." Oikawa smiled. Before you knew it Iwaizumi had his hand on Oikawa's face again, this time kissing him sweetly. After a few minutes Oikawa's uber had arrived. They went their separate ways for the night but this sure as hell wouldn't be the last time they see each other.

Oikawa walked inside blushing and smiling like crazy, He knew damn well that he would find himself coming up with the dumbest excuses just to go see Iwaizumi. One kiss was more than enough for him to know that he had fallen hard and fast for this barista. He kept replaying that kiss over and over again until it was the only thing playing in his head. 

And oh was Iwaizumi thinking the exact same thing.

{Wanna come by my place tomorrow night?}