2. A Short Reunion

If Taiju wasn't screaming at the top of his lungs, the silence between [Name] and Senku would have been very awkward. For him specifically.

Of course, he did not expect her to die or for her body to be destroyed within the four-thousand-year gap but seeing her there in Japan? He didn't think that would happen. It wasn't even considered while he was in his petrified state.

"Sorry about your friends. The only option I had was to push them off so they wouldn't get heavily injured," She said, removing her hand from his elbow. She kept the other holding his hand to see how seriously she had injured him. He could tell her face slightly shifted uncomfortably as she analysed his wrist.

"The water's pretty deep so they shouldn't be affected that much," She muttered. "Unless they can't swim. They can swim, right?"

"I believe so." Senku hissed at the slight pain that spread down his forearm. [Name] quickly apologised and slowly moved his arm to his side.

"You're one hell of a fighter," He commented. "Where'd you learn how to sport moves like that?"

"I've gotten a lot of things done since I got home," [Name] shrugged with a grin. "You have a skilled medic here, right?" She asked. That once calm and relaxed facial expression she had was gone. He remembered she had a low tolerance for foolery whenever her face was moulded that way.

"Yes." He held back the urge to throw in a snarky joke related to her recent attack. "I think they've gone with Chrome for the mineral hunt."

"Chrome? Like the search engine?"

Senku merely chuckled. "You'll meet him soon."

"I see." [Name] muttered, that of which went unheard by Senku. Her response was muted by Taiju's never-ending sputters.

She glanced over her shoulder and frowned. "Her arm looks bad. If I moved faster, she wouldn't have been hurt so badly." Senku didn't need to look. He knew she was talking about Kohaku.

"I'm sure she'll be fine." He shrugged. "The lioness is strong."

Senku and his absurd nicknames. That's something that never changes.

Kokuyo ran to them and raised his katana to her neck. "You are not to make a single move, intruder!" He yelled. "Not until the chief decides what use you are to him."

'Gosh, what's up with the heavy loyalty?' [Name] stared him up and down in concern. What the hell was Senku doing all that time?

"It's fine," Senku muttered, pushing the blade down with a single finger. "We'll take her to the priestess' tower. We'll have a private interrogation there."

"What?" [Name] cocked a brow, perplexed to see Senku and Taiju staring at her as if she rose from the dead

"How'd you get here?" Taiju whispered. "We thought you left."