Chapter 2: The Odd Encounter

(Clarification: the reason why all the velvet room siblings are together in the Persona 5 velvet room and not in their respective rooms is originally I was only going to use the persona 4 velvet room because a friend of mine sent me a pic of the P4 arena Ultimax arcade cabinet to give me inspiration but when writing the first chapter i thought it was going to get me a copyright infringement if I used materials from an existing game. Anyways hopefully that clarifies, just sit back and enjoy reading ;)

Thoughts of confusion seemed to be running through their heads while they where beginning to descend at lighting speed when they first entered the screen. Everything just seemed to happen so instantly that both of them didn't even have time to think about what was happening to them or why the machine started to spark and fizz when Rigby kicked it as hard as he could, even though Mordecai knew Rigby couldn't hit that hard to begin with. Well, it was a new game after all so there was bound to be some troubles with it. Their thoughts where soon interrupted when everything went pitch black due to the fact that they where speeding up faster and faster with each second that was passing, suddenly everything just seemed to stop all together.

Not long after, Mordecai was the first to slowly open his eyes to find himself in an unfamiliar place covered in blue mist. His body ached from the g-force's that brought him here but he managed to get over it to help his friend who was still passed out next to him. So he limped over and kneeled down to gently shake him.

Mordecai: "hey, wake up dude!"

The raccoon began to slowly open his eyes and regain consciousness to see his friend right beside him.

Rigby: " ugh, where are we?". He said as he slowly got up and looked around.

Mordecai: "I don't know, from the looks of it we got sucked into the arcade game itself".

Rigby was slightly confused for a second and realized his mistake brought him to this mysterious place.

Rigby: "oh, my bad ". Sounding ashamed and sad for what he'd did back at the arcade. Knowing some of his past screw ups putted his friend and the other park employees in danger.

Mordecai looked around at the strange area and then back to his friend.

Mordecai: " no worries man, besides we've been through way worse situations before except it looks like nobody's even here".

Then, the mist started to slowly lift to reveal little of what they could see. The pair found out they weren't in some type of empty void made completely out of mist but a circular type of room that had jail cells in every corner they looked at. Mordecai and Rigby looked around once again, surprised by what they where just seeing. They soon spotted what appeared to be five shadowy figures standing in the middle of the room, which startled them a little bit. Very slowly, Mordecai and Rigby decided to walk over to the figures which seem to be beckoning them to come over to them with every step they took. Both of them had thoughts running through their heads, mostly thoughts of what the figures would do to them, torture them to death?, ask them to hand out every ounce of cash they had in their wallets?, there was only one way to find out. When the mist was almost fully lifted, the figures turned out to be humans dressed in identical attire (except for one) which matched the color and atmosphere in the room with some areas on their outfits being little tints of gold which blended perfectly with their uniforms. Meanwhile in the very center of the room, sat a strange looking man with an abnormally long nose eyed at the two newcomers.

Igor: " ahh, welcome to the velvet room". the man spoke as soon as he got a clear view of them. "i'm truly delighted to meet your acquaintance".

Both: "Hi?"

Igor: " allow me to introduce myself. My name is Igor, and your names are?"

Mordecai:" i'm Mordecai" He said while still creeped out by the man's strange looks and appearance.

Rigby: "I'm Rigby but you can call me Rigbone, hmm hmm"

Mordecai elbows Rigby after that remark. Igor then proceeded to talk.

Igor: "this place exist between dream and reality, mind and matter. Only those who have forged a contract may enter this room".

Both Mordecai and Rigby looked puzzled but remembered the waivers they both signed at the arcade right before they played the game. 

Igor: "it seems you have wondered here accidentally but whatever the reason, it seems you have an interesting journey ahead of you".

Mordecai surprised by this sudden statement, quickly plucked up courage to say something. Perhaps he might know the way out?

Mordecai: "H-hey man listen, we don't want anything to do with this journey of yours. We just  want you to help us find a way out

Igor: "I will help you but you won't be able to go back to your original world until you complete your journey ahead of you".

Both Mordecai and Rigby groaned at the fact that they where now trapped in this strange world in which they had to go through a journey which they thought would take them months or years to complete. Finally, one of the four people in the room dressed in a uniform said something in response to the frustration.

Margaret: "don't worry, we have your support through out the journey your about to embark"

Igor:" Oh, I nearly forgot to introduce my assistant's  to you. On your left is Theodore and Lavenza and on your right is Margaret, Elizabeth, and Marie. They are residents here, like myself"

All of the velvet room residents greeted both Mordecai and Rigby. Igor then explained what roles they'd have in the room itself.

Igor: " Theodore, Elizabeth, and Margaret will be in charge of fusing persona's while Lavenza executes them"

Marie: "and I sort and shuffle out the cards you'll obtain along the way" Marie said in annoyance as if she heard him say the same thing over and over again.

Margaret: "sorry you'll have to excuse Marie as she's an apprentice of mine. I apologize for any rudeness she might say"

Marie made a look and scoffed at Margaret's apology to the strangers she just met.

After Igor explained some of the basics, Rigby quickly walked up to his desk with a question.

Rigby: "Wait, what the heck is a persona?"

Igor explained: "since you just arrived here on short notice, a persona is a manifestation of your true and inner psyche of which you will yet to discover along the way".

Rigby now looking puzzled then usual just stared in confusion until Mordecai pulled Rigby off to the side to talk with him one on one. He then told Igor that him and his best friend needed to talk for a minute.

The two went to the farthest corner of the room by one of the jail cells to make sure Igor and his assistants

Mordecai: "something just doesn't feel right, first we get greeted by this weirdo. Then he explains what persona's are to us?"

Rigby: "Maybe this is all just some stupid prank Muscle Man is pulling off?"

Mordecai: "No dude, This is definitely real"

Rigby sighed: "well if he is real, how could we trust him?"

Mordecai: "I guess we have no choice but to tell him we'll accept this journey where about to go on"

They then went up to Igor and told them their choice. A jail door then opened by itself to reveal a blue door that appeared inside one of the jails cells.

Igor: "Until we meet again, we both wish you good luck on the challenges you'll face"

The blue jay seemed to regret his choice but felt he could trust them to safely get back home once this is all through and over with. "I guess this is it" he thought to himself while Rigby was following him behind. They soon walked up to the bright blue door that stood before them, took a deep breath and walked through.

Once they walked through, a long corridor filled with chains surrounded them along with the other ending of the door right in front of them. As they entered the other side they appeared in another unknown area with faces that looked all too familiar.

How will they react to these strangers that come from an entirely different world?. Next Chapter coming Soon (Hopefully)