"Okay." You breathed out, calming yourself, "You seem..." You couldn't find the right words, "Broken. The good thing is you remember your name. You must have some sort of memory loss." Varian looked at you.

Broken? Varian thought you were making fun of him or something.

"Well, i-if Corona, sorry, Ditched Corona was abandoned, th-then why are you here?" That felt weird for Varian to say, 'abandoned', Corona was abandoned. "Its for a school project. All of 8th grade is going to do research on some sort of place or person, then once we finish writing, it'll be added to the school newspaper. The place I chose was Ditched Corona." You looked around, "That's why I thought it would be a cool idea to come and visit. My mom said it would be okay if I came by myself so that's what I did. Now the real question is, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was working on a project, then I decided to take a midnight walk. Wait, just out of curiosity, do you know what time it is?" Varian asked. You searched through your backpack and pulled out a... Thing? Varian didn't recognize what that thing you were holding was. "Hey, Siri!" You said talking to the thing you were holding, then it beeped, "What time is it?" "It is currently 11:49 pm." A random voice said. Varian jumped, "Who said that!" "Siri did?" You thought that was common sense. "W-who's Siri?" Varian was still scared. You waved your phone, "Like Google Assistant." "Uh, who's Google? And I understand the assistant part, but the Google person must be pretty good to have an assistant." Varian was super confused. "Both are like Alexa." You said. "Yeah, uh, I don't know who those people are." Varian looked embarrassed, these people must be really famous, and he has no idea who they are. "Seriously? Well, I'll explain who they are to you then. Siri, and that goes for Google Assistant and Alexa too, are voices from your phone that help you out, like if you have a question or if you have a message but you can't check it right now, you'll ask Siri to read it." You held out your phone to show Varian, "Hey Siri," you called the looked up at Varian, "Go ahead, ask Siri a question." He tried to think of an alchemy question that he knew the answer too, "Is Flynnoelum a real thing?" " Yes. It was created by someone who used to work for the king of Corona, which is now known as Ditched Corona." Siri answered. Varian was surprised.

I created that compound. And I work for the king, so what does she mean 'used to work for'. I still work for him. Oh no! Did I get fired?! Varian thought to himself. He started to get freaked out.

"See, its only from my phone." You smiled putting your phone into your backpack. "Yes, your phone." Varian had no idea what a phone was. You rolled your eyes knowing that he had no idea what a phone was.

"Now let's get you to a hospital for your memory loss problem.' You started walking away expecting Varian to follow but he just stood there. "I don't have memory loss, I'm perfectly fine." He said looking straight at you. "You don't remember what year it is, you don't know what Ditched Corona is, and you obviously don't know what a phone is." You walked back to him, "Now lets go." You grabbed his hand and started walking. "Fine." Varian started to walk as well.

-
-
-
-

You had finally made it to the hospital that was in the nearest town. It took a long time because somebody wanted to stop every 5 seconds to look at something he has never seen before.

"Come on." You were still holding his hand so he would stop getting distracted. You were basically dragging Varian behind you.

The two of you walked through the automatic doors. "Woah!" Varian thought the doors were the coolest thing in the world.

You walked up to the front desk, "Uh, hello. I have someone with me, who, uh, seems to have lost their memory." "Here fill these papers out and bring them back once you finished. We'll see what we can do from there." The lady dropped a clipboard with 16 papers to fill out onto the counter. "Ugh. This is gonna take forever." You said to yourself grabbing the clipboard and a pen.