The door to my dorm swung open and Draco came in. He barely acknowledged me as he moved past me to go grab a book from his desk. Last I know, he was meeting Cassie in the court yard and then poof! She's gone. Could he have had something to do with it?

I mean, he and my father are both deatheaters. He may not want to be one, but he still is. He took an oath, swore loyalty to Voldemort. 

I've been covering for him when he misses classes and meals to do whatever it is the deatheater's assigned him since he's my best friend, but could he have been working against Cassie this whole time? Could the deatheaters want Cassie to join too?

I can't let that happen.

They are the one thing she's told me she never wants to be. The one thing she's avoided her entire life. The one thing I think she's truly afraid of. 

Draco probably knows why Cassie's with my father, he has too. If he doesn't, I don't know what I'll do. "Draco?"

"Yes?" He asked, not looking up from the drawer he was rummaging through.

"Are you sure you don't know where Cassie is?"

If I weren't watching him so closely, I wouldn't have seen him flinch. "No." He answered a little too fast. God, we've been best friends for years. How does he not know I can tell when he's lying? 

He had something to do with the disappearance of my sister. A wave of anger washed over me. I marched over to Draco and grabbed his collar, slamming him into the wall.

"What are they doing with my sister?" I demanded. "I know you have something to do with this!"

Draco struggled against my grip. "I don't know where she is! Put me down you bloody moron!"

I pushed him farther into the wall. "Draco, please. She's with my father!" I lowered my voice. "I think the same thing that happened to you," I started, nodding my head towards the dark mark hidden behind his sleeve. "Is going to happen to her. If you know anything, please tell me."

I hate how desperate I sound but he knows something. I know he does. For a minute, it almost looked as if he had an answer. One he couldn't share, but was going to anyway. His eyes darted towards the door.

I followed his eye line to see Blaise with his jaw practically on the floor. "Am I interrupting something?" He asked, looking from me to Draco, a curious grin playing at his lips.

I reluctantly released Draco. "No, not at all." I answered, sending Draco a glare colder than the transfiguration classroom. Draco straightened out his robe and cleared his throat. "I have somewhere I need to be." He said quickly.

Before I could object, he pushed past me to exit the room as fast as possible. He nodded to Blaise before he disappeared down the hall. I had to fight the urge to call after him and make him tell me what's happening to Cassie.

I sighed and dropped onto my bed. Blaise turned his head to the side and gave me the best sympathetic smile he could manage. 

He sat down next to me. "You ok?"

"Peachy." I responded sourly.

"What's got you down?"

"If you haven't noticed, Cassie's gone." I answered, the words coming out harsher than I intended them to.

Blaise placed a comforting hand on my back. "So, I've noticed. Do you know where she is?"

"My father's."

Blaise cringed slightly. It's just him and his mom and she's not a deatheater, but a few of his stepdads have been. He's had seven stepdads in the last sixteen years. All have been rich and died mysterious deaths. I think we all know it's his mom killing them, but nobody can prove it. "Why is she with your father?" He asked. "Is she ok?"