Domestic |Kereama|

Warnings: None lots of fluffy domestic shit!

__________________}><{__________________

The sounds of nature fill the silent cottage like home, the Beginnings of sunlight just barely lighting the bedroom with a blue hue. The birds outside hadn't even awoken yet, letting you know that it was far to early to be awake, but the insistent kicking of your unborn child demanded you wake up. Slowly peeling your eyes open, you roll onto your back and place a hand on your very swollen stomach. A lazy smile dancing across your face. The due date to meet your child was quickly creeping up upon you and your husband, both excitement and dread filling you at the realization.

You knew child birth wasn't an ideal thing whenever you lived deeply into the mountains out of reach of doctors, but your husband is a intelligent man and made numerous trips into town to buy medical books to read and he already knew every plant in the mountains and what their medical purposes are. Kereama knew everything there was to know about aiding a woman during childbirth after doing his research, so you knew you were in good hands. But the slight fear of something terrible happening still clutched at your heart.

Your worrisome thoughts come to a abrupt stop whenever nature calls to you. Sighing you look over at Kereama, his top half bare of clothes as he slept on his side facing you, snores emitting from him. You almost giggle at him but managed to suppress it and ever so gently slip out of bed, you felt the chill of the cold air and slip his coat on before heading outside and into the outhouse. After quickly finishing up because you knew if you took to long your husband would wake up, you head back inside and see him in the same position, you slip the coat off and crawl back under the warm covers and try making yourself comfortable by sleeping on your back, but to no use. trying to gently find a comfortable spot on your side, you huff whenever you find that position even more uncomfortable than the last and turn back onto your back with a pout.

“Stop tossing and turning woman, you're making it entirely impossible to sleep” Kereama said, voice groggy from sleep.

Turning your head to look over at him, eyes still closed, you let out a little whine. “Kereama darling, I can't get comfortable” You whisper to him while rubbing your tummy. He slowly opened his eyes, the brown orbs locking with your [E/C] ones.

“Well scoot over here and let's see if we can fix that” He murmurs while gently grasping your upper thigh in his large hand and draping it over his torso after rolling onto his back and letting you use his chest as a pillow, being mindful of your belly that slightly rests over his abdomen while his arm wraps around you. This position was comfortable for you both, Kereama languidly rubbing circles into the silky flesh of your upper thigh draped over him.

“Comfortable now love?” He asks as you simply nod your contentment to him, placing a kiss on his bare chest. Not only was this position comfortable, but your husband always seemed to radiat heat, making you feel warm and cozy.

“Very much so, yes” You muttered into his chest as his light chuckle was felt rumbling through his chest before it was heard. “I'm sorry for waking you though” You say with a small smile.

He hums before the arm draped over you moves slightly, his fingertips dancing up and down your arm. “you Don't have to apologize, it's almost time I wake up anyway and start the fire” He kisses the top of your head, “Don't want my beautiful wife to freeze” At his words you find yourself hugging him tightly and shaking your head in denial.

“I swear if you move out of this bed Kereama I'll make you sleep in the outhouse for the rest of our lives” You emphasize the threat by trailing your hand over towards his chest and pinching one of his nipples. He jumps at the unexpected act and glares down at you.

“I was going to make you some tea while I was at it but never mind” He huffs and lifts his hand from your thigh to rub his sore chest.

“It's too early to get up! I wanna sleep snuggled up to my husband who always seems to be warm and toasty” You than grab his hand laid on his chest and bask in this peaceful moment. Kereama sighs deeply and smiles down at you.

“I love you [Y/N]” He spoke with a genuine tone that always has your heart doing wild flips.

“I love you too Kereama, I wouldn't be the size of a cow right now if I didn't” You muse, grinning at your own words.

Kereama laughs, the sound echoing off the walls he built. “You're crazy woman, you're not the size of a cow” He shakes his head against the pillow while laughing still. You join him and placed a hand back down on your belly, his hand follows and he never thought that this moment could be possible for him.

You and Kereama lay in silence for a moment, the sun slowly creeping up and filling the room with its light. The birds outside chirping loudly. Despite your threat, Kereama had duties and would need to get out of bed soon. You knew that but he laid with you until you fell asleep.

_________________________________________