Chapter 1; The Process

TW: At the end of the chapter; nudity. 

Hotch POV

The team and I had been working all night on the Foyet case, but could not break it for the life of us. The team was sleeping peacefully in the conference room.

In the back of the room on the couch, Emily was laying on her back, with JJ on top of her, JJ had put all her weight on, Emily had hugged her in return. 

Every so often, JJ's nose would scranch up. Gracia had put a blanket on them, she was responsible for breaking up JJ and Will, and sparked their relationship. 

Gracia was sleeping on Mogen's shoulder. Across from them, Dave and Reid were both hunched over on the roundtable sleeping. 

I couldn't stop looking over the case, knowing my daughter, Y/N, son, Jack, and wife, Haley, were all in serve trouble for my actions, had made me feel sick to my stomach. 

I had been looking over the same information for hours, tempting to wake up, Reid for some fresh eyes. But he was sleeping so peacefully, I couldn't have. 

If Forget hurt my family, I would never forgive myself. Recalling the moment where I had the decision where Foyet could have stopped killing for 10 years or could kill until he was killed. 

Knowing how intelligent Foyet was, I walked across the conference room to grab my 5th cup of coffee this night. 

I was so exhausted, where I almost felt dizzy as soon as I quickly got up out of my chair. Then out of nowhere, it came to me, like a trainwreck. 

I knew where my family was. I was so relieved, that I can finally bring my family home safely. I didn't want to wake the team so I left Morgon a voicemail, telling him where I was going. 

I ran out of the building lighting speed. I was forced to take my car instead of a cop car, knowing that if Foyet saw a cop car, he would have killed my entire family. 

I sped down the roads, knowing my consequences if I was late to the house, or made any nose. I looked at the house from outside seeing only light on from upstairs and seeing a shadow, I knew this was the house. 

I reached for the doorknob, I had a horrible feeling and honestly doesn't know what to expect. I had my FBI bulletproof vest and gun, but Foyet holds so much power, I have never felt safe around him. 

My watch read 3 am, I knew it was too late to call for backup. I got a hold of the doorknob, though the door is not locked. 

It slowly opens from the cold draft in the house. It was unlocked as if Foyet was expecting me to come. Fear overtakes my body, as I listen, it's completely silent. 

My FBI instincts told me to search the house. The kitchen was to the left to me, and the living room is to the right while the stairs were in front of me. 

As I walked more throughout the house I felt a breeze against my lips, I flushed my flashlight against the darkroom. My father's instincts tell me to go upstairs, as I'm walking upstairs my gun is towards the hallway. 

When I get to the upper level there are four rooms, 3 bedrooms, and a bathroom. I searched the first two-bedroom and found blood on the carpet, knowing what was ahead in the last bedroom, terrified me to the bone. 

When I arrived at the last bedroom, I saw Y/N's arms and legs tied with rope to the bed stand, with only her bra and underwear on her body.

 I was in shock as I stood there, I started to breathe heavily, looking eyes with my young daughter exposed on the bed, she had a pale face. As I looked around the room, my brows froward I didn't see Foyet, I was so confused.

I had a horrible gut feeling.

It hit me

Before I can comprehend what was going on around me

BANG

Everything turns black. 

AN: AAHAH yay!! I really hope you guys enjoyed it! It was soo much fun making it and there is more to come! Love you guys sooo much!