12 - Dream and Reality

Comenzar desde el principio

Thick tears rolled down my face. I didn't feel anything, but the tears didn't stop coming.

The smile on Nicky's face had already faded away and I was not standing anymore, shaking everywhere.

Nicolás hugged me tightly and for more than 10 minutes we just sat there with me in his arms sobbing and shaking. It eventually stopped and I told Nicky about yesterday's events. After I had finished he hugged me again and told me it was over and that everything was going to be fine.

I wanted this moment to last forever. I hadn't seen him in almost one and a half years and now him standing right in front me consoling me was unbelievable. The back of my head started to hurt pretty badly all of a sudden. My sight was beginning to be distorted just like when there is no signal in an old tv. I suddenly woke up in a hospital bed. The sun shone brightly and my eyes were adjusting.

There was someone next to me holding my hand, but I couldn't see clearly. My head was bandaged and an awful headache was tormenting me.

"N-Nicky?".

Alec's P.O.V.:

(before Leo's awakening)

After Leo had blacked out, he went into some kind of coma due to the demon's venom. Izzy had stopped the infection and quickly had injected and antidote. Due to the venom he was sweating the whole time and his skin was shining.

For almost 3 days he just laid there peacefully. Almost angelically. He didn't move at all and his breath was strong and steady. Every once and then he flinched and repeated the same name over and over again. I tried to figure out who he was. When not holding Leo's hand to reassure him I spent the time in the library looking for a "Nicky".

"What are you doing, bookworm", Jace asked walking into the library while I was trying to find some peace sticking my nose into some books about ancient Nephilim families.

"Looking for someone", I replied without even glancing at him.

"What's their name?", Jace toys around with an apple and supports his leg on a chair putting his elbow on his knee.

"Someone called Nicky", I then respond.

Jace bites his lip and avoids eye contact.

I noticed and put the book away I was reading.

"You know something, don't you?".

Jace didn't say a word.

"So, you do",I added, "Why haven't you told me yet? I thought you trusted me. I thought we were in this together".

"Oi, I promised. Leo's got to tell you himself", Jace put his hands up as in he was innocent. Then left.

"Hi", I said walking into Isabelle cooking in the kitchen putting on a bright smile.

"Don't you dare try to bribe me. It's not worth it and besides I know nothing. Even if I did, I wouldn't spill. Leave, I'm busy", she replied.

"Harsh", I whispered leaving.

The same was with Clary, so I eventually gave up hoping Leo would explain.

Sometimes I even fell asleep at Leo's hospital bed and Izzy had to wake me up and force coffee down onto me or drag me and tie me up to my bed.

I don't really know if it was because I felt guilty, but even though I was at my limits I couldn't stop thinking about Leo. Maybe I felt responsible since I was his older brother. Who knows?

Anyway, after three days he finally woke up.

His eyes were puffy and red and even tho he had "slept" for over 3 days he had huge eye bags.

"N-Nicky?", he asked confused sitting up. I was still holding his hand and when he noticed and pulled back and said sorry. He was rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"Urgh, this headache is killin' me. Do you have aspirin or some of that crap?", he asked touching the bandage on the back of is head.

"W-what happened after I got knocked out?".

"That was a mind controlling demon. It got into your mind and messed everything up, you know, up there", I replied and pointed at his head.

"You probably fought back, so it hit your head pretty bad", I continued.

"Oh", Leo sighed.

"Don't worry, Izzy took care of your infection and the venom. In less than a couple of days you should be as good as new", I added and smiled trying to reassure him.

"Thank you", he got all red and avoided eye contact.

"No problem, oh and I almost forgot. I don't want to interfere with any of that", I said gesturing with my hands towards him, "but you kept repeating one name. You don't have to, but could you please tell me who that is?".

"He is an acquaintance of mine. And besides, it's none of your business, now is it, brother dear?", and the old Leo was back. But not even also himself could hide the smile anymore.

I'm not going to lie, but I was very happy he was back. It might sound weird coming from me, but he was the Leo I knew and cared about. Over the time he was absent I kind of missed our little "thing".

Me asking something and him replying sarcastically with an attitude not even Jace could top.

And after all, he was my step-brother.

Authors' note:

Hello luvs <3

It took a bit longer since one of us got sick, pls excuse us.

I hope you like it, soon we'll upload another chapter. Promised.

have a great week :D