Ashiya shuffles over to the small door and gives it a few knocks.

"Yes yes, come in." Ashiya peeks his head in, smiling at the sky blue hair man smoking against his window. "What's with the happy face?.....wait, why does your face look swollen hahaha!" Looks like Ashiyas face is still healing.

"Remember the boy Aoi was taking care of? He'll be my new employee!" Ashiya skips on the wooden slippers and jumps into the office. Abeno grabs the other robe and naturally puts it on, sliding into the legislators office.

"Heeeeeeeh..." The legislator takes a good look at the yellow haired boy wearing the red robe. "It really is you."

Abeno scoffs, "You haven't changed one bit." The one thing Abeno was concerned about was the Executives approval on becoming an employee. While he was linked to Aoi, he already knew the bird yokai despised humans. Aoi never wanted Abeno to come back to the underworld as she was scared of taking him too far from the mundane world and his life as a human. In his mind, he felt a sense of nostalgia. This place was once his childhood unfolding before him just because of a lazy boss.

The three talked about going to the birdcage together to deliver the news. The legislator was free- or.. Rather avoiding more work. He calls for one of the tadpoles and tells both Justice and the Executive to meet at the birdcage for a surprise. They took the mononokean to the birdcage, meeting the other two branches of the underworld.
The executives' faces became enraged, "Why is another human here? Why do they stink of influence?" He adds pressure into the room, making it difficult for Abeno to stand. It's been a long time since he's come across a strong yokai like him, and it didn't seem like the Executive recognized him. He didn't have too many encounters with the Executive too much, only when Aoi was around to monitor him. Justice tries to stop the Executive having noticed that Abeno was Haruitsuki. The time frame had felt like hundreds of years since seeing him, but Justice knew the moment Abeno started choking.

Ashiya stood in front of Abeno and was crouching on the floor. "Stop, Executive." A yellow flame appears on his right hand. "Calm down, or else I'll make you." Abeno struggles looking up, the voice of Ashiya was too monotone from what he remembered.

"A...Ashi..ya.." He clutches Ashiyas robe near his feet, struggling to breathe. He was trying to tell Ashiya to not do anything stupid as it's been a long time since he's had to be in close proximity with strong yokai. He didn't want Ashiya using influence, but rather a few seconds to get used to the pressure.
However, the pain in Abeno's eyes told Ashiya something else. The yellow eyes glares, looking back at the executive and steps forward away from Abeno's grip. Justice speeds to Abeno to help him breath.

Ashiya covers his mouth with his robe, placing his free hand on the large beak of the black bird. "Revert..executive." The bird slams to the floor, smoking wrapping around its body to reform back into a human. "It seems you've forgotten him, as we all thought he went missing with Aoi." He turns to look at Abeno, who was shocked at Ashiyas action. "You don't even recognize the two children you taught." His hollow yellow eyes pierce through the Executives, as if he sinned for attempting to kill someone he once had high expectations for.

Within a few moments, the Executive tilted its head as if he was trying to see if Abeno was truly the one he took care of. Justice interrupts by saying how inappropriate the actions that took place were, leading all three branches and Ashiya outside to talk. Fuzzy stays with Abeno, placing his paw on his thigh for reassurance.

The conversation between them consisted of how Ashiya found Abeno and wanted him to work for the mononokean

The conversation between them consisted of how Ashiya found Abeno and wanted him to work for the mononokean. All three branches agreed as they recalled memories of them playing in the lecture room they made for the two boys. The confrontation was solved without much issues with Abeno joining the underworld once more, but it was decided that Abeno should be the one to vocally say if he wanted to be back in the underworld before writing it into the report.

All four of them walk back to the room with Abeno sitting there in silence. With Ashiyas eyes still yellow and hollow, he kneels to Abeno and places his hand on his cheek. "Are you okay, itsuki?" He tilts his head to look at his complexion. It has been years since anyone has called him by that nickname, and images of a smiling black haired boy appeared in Abenos mind but.. 

The person in front of him didn't feel like the same boy he played with

The person in front of him didn't feel like the same boy he played with. Out of fear, Abeno slaps Ashiya. 

____________
Hi, Anon11400.

Thank you for reading the second part. As always, please support Wazawa-sensei and leave a comment if you're enjoying the story.

Thank you,