Ch. 2

Previously on Liar

"We are having a ..." Mephisto paused, his eyes traveling around the room "Sleepover!" he finished his eyes locked on Rins a gleam of mischief evident.

"Sh*t"

-

Rin's eyes widened as realisation hit 'he knows,'

Rin's eyes widened as realisation hit 'he knows,'. Rin bit the inside of his cheek, the pit in his stomach grew. "So, I expect you all to be joining in the games." Mephisto said his smile not faltering even for a moment. The day past and night fell. The games began. "Yukio, truth or dare?" Sheimi asked a small blush covering her face. She fiddled with her fingers. The group was seated in a circle. A pillow sat on some. "Truth," Yukio answered adjusting his glasses. "I-um, Is it true that you have 15 spare glasses in your drawer?" Sheimi asked, all Yukio did was nod. "Lame," Shima offhandedly commented, the game continued on, finally it was Mephisto's turn.

"Rin, truth or dare?" Mephisto's asked a smile on his face. "Truth," Rin answered nonchalantly his eyes plastered on the switch in front of him. Mephisto's smile dropped a serious look replacing it. "Rin, is it true that you've been sneaking in and out of campus?". All eyes turned to Rin. Boring into his soul. Scanning for traces of any lies. " True, " Rin answered an icy tone in his voice. His eyes moving away from the switch, a cold air filling the room sending shivers up everyone's spine's. "Where do you go?" Mephisto asked swallowing the growing fear in his stomach. "That isn't apart of question" Rin replied his eyes returning back to the switch. The tension lifting as everyone finally breathed out. The game continued with everyone weary of Rin. Finally everyone began flocking to bed one by one.

Rin stood stretching his arms. A popping sound filling the air. "Rin,where do you disappear to?" Mephisto asked his eye bore into his back. "That's none of your business," Rin replied not bothering to face him. "Rin," Mephisto's voice dropped dangerously low "What were you doing in Gehenna?". Finally slowly Rin turned to face Mephisto. Rage was painted across his face " I said None of your business!" Rin yelled clenching his fist. "I'll leave you alone if you just answer the question!" Mephisto yelled back, his anger spiker "It doesn't matter!" Rin replied.

"I'm not buying that!" Mephisto yelled, realising he was yelling he took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself. Rin took a step forward. His reached for Mephisto's collar before pulling him closer. Rin's eyes bore into Mephisto's own. "Listen and listen well, mind your own business," his voice was low, the temperature in the room dropped. The pit in Mephisto's stomach tripling in size. Fear's grip on his chest growing tighter. "Got it?" Rin questioned his voice bring shivers up Mephisto's spine. Quickly he nodded his head, before he was pushed away. He stumbled back before regaining his posture. Rin walked away disappearing in the darkness of the hallway.

Once Rins silhouette disappeared, only then did Mephisto take a sharp inhale of air. Gripping his chest he took several deep breaths in a useless attempt to calm his beating heart. Slowly he turned towards the door making a mental note to not anger Rin. Stepping out the dorm his thoughts jumbled together as he tried to make sense of what just happened. "Brother, " a voice spoke from behind him. His head spun around before he breathed a sigh of relief. "Brother you aren't usually this jumpy, what has you so spooked?" Amaimon asked before placing the lollipop back into his mouth. His eyes blankly staring at his older brother. "Its nothing, just..." Mephisto began before he trailed off.

"Its Rin,he..." he trailed off once again, he averted eye contact. Amaimon tilted his head slightly, almost as if beckoning him to continue. Mephisto turned around and began walking towards his house Amaimon catching on followed him. They silhouettes disappearing in the darkness of the night. Little did they know a figure watched them from the window. The figure watched where they had stood before finally moving away from the window.

The two brothers reached Mephisto house. "Why couldn't we have talk out there?" Amaimon asked stepping into the house. "We were being watched," Mephisto answered removing his coat."Who in their right mind would spy on you?" Amaimon questioned all Mephisto did was shrug, this causing Amaimon to sigh. "What was it you were saying about Rin?" Amaimon asked changing the subject. "What I had wanted to say was he acting more and more like father," Mephisto finished his previous statement as he flopped on the large couch. "What do you mean?" Amaimon stepped closer as if he heard misheard him "Tonight, he-he ..." Mephisto began before pausing to take a deep breath "He threatened me.". Amaimon's eyes grew large " There's no way, your his headmaster," Amaimon muttered spitting out the lollipop stick out of his mouth only to replace it with his nail. "I'll bring it up with Yukio," Mephisto concluded before heading to his bedroom. Amaimon not long after left.

They mornings sun shone down on the dorms, its rays peaking through the blinds. A knock rang through the room "Rin, wake up!" Yukio's voice followed soon after. A loud groan filled the room. Rin sat up, a yawn escaping his lips. Before he grabbed his stuff and headed for the bathroom. After dressing he headed towards the dining hall where everyone sat together chatting and munching away. Grabbing his food Rin sat on a bench. He stared blankly his fist propping his face as he ate. He thoughts roaming.

Mephisto cleared his throat catching everyone's attention. "Can I speak with Mr. Okumara," Mephisto asked more of demanded. "Which one?" Rin asked offhandedly "Yukio Okumara,". Yukio stood up walking into a secluded hallway before they stopped. " I was wondering how was Rin's behavior at other schools?" Mephisto asked "He's started again?" Yukio asked furrowing his brows before letting out a frustrated sigh. "What do you mean?" Mephisto asked quirking an eyebrow "You see when Rin and I where kids he use get bullied," Yukio explained "And one of the days they called him a demon and well it didn't end well..."Yukio trailed off. " What happened?" Mephisto continued to question, Yukio hesitated before sighing "He broke the kids leg and when our dad came in Rin broke his rib," Yukio replied, shock crossed Mephisto face." So, what I'm catching is this has happened once again?" Mephisto questioned Yukio nodded. The two returned to the dining hall before bidding goodbye. Soon the students began leaving heading back to their dorms.

"Yukio,"