Taken aback by the girls bluntness, Lilys glare turned into a look of mild surprise, "You just... ugh you ruined everything!"

Not bothered at Lilys dramatics, El looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "Care to elaborate?" finding the whole situation rather amusing. The red head didn't say anything, just remained glaring at Eleanor with her arms crossed, "Evans i'm not gonna care for much longer so either tell me or stop glaring at me," El patted the chair next to her, inviting Lily to take a seat, which she did.

"It's about James," She said in a quiet voice, looking down at her hands.

"What's he done now?" El sat back in her seat, putting her legs on the table in front of the Gryffindor.

Lily's face contorted, looking as if she was inwardly trying to decide if she should tell. "No i can't... it's embarrassing," she waved her hands about and went to stand up, clearly cringing when remembering whatever James had done.

"Sit down," El said, her tone monotonous, clearly bored of Lilys behaviour. The dark haired girl stared at her expectantly, waiting for her to return to her seat, "I'm being nice to you Evans, make the most of it,"

Lily sat back down and looked at her shyly, "Okay, but you can't tell him i told you," El nodded hesitantly, only agreeing so that she would explain. "On saturday, you saw me storm out of his room?" she nodded again, getting more unsure of where this was going. "Well we were... you know... and he- well he..."

"Evans," warning her to not beat around the bush. Lily mumbled something so quiet that El couldnt hear what she said, "What?"

"He said your name,"

He what?

El looked at her with wide eyes, "Oh." She didn't know what to say, a small part of her even felt bad for Lily. A small part. "Right, well i can see why you'd be annoyed,"

Lily gave a slow exaggerated nod, "Yep,"

"I'm gonna-" El got up and left before finishing her sentence.

Her mind and her feet moving at a million miles an hour. James said her name while having sex with Lily.

How was she supposed to react to that?

How is anyone meant to react to that?

El turned a corner and could see James standing with Peter at the end of it. She instantly did a 180 degree turn and walked off in the other direction. The last person she wanted to talk to right then was James.

She made her way to her next lesson, which was transfiguration and sat down next to Remus, not even looking at him and keeping her gaze fixed straight ahead.

"El, you alright?" Remus asked, concern etched on his face at his friends odd behaviour.

She jumped, as if not expecting him to talk to her, "What?! Oh, yeh i'm fine," she briefly smiled at him, her gaze flashing across the room to James but not looking at him for too long.

Eleanor didn't listen to a word of what McGonagall had said, her mind was spinning, not moving off of what Lily had told her.

***

That evening, El had decided to take a walk round the castle on her own, to give her some time to sort through her thoughts. It was about half an hour before curfew, so the castle was dark and almost silent, the sound of her footsteps resinated all the way down to the end of the hall.

When she turned a corner, she heard voices, speaking in aggressive whispers, "We were given one task, we cannot fail," the first voice said.