Hearing this had Maeri's already shattered heart aching and tearing apart once more.

And so they stayed like that for a few more seconds.

Tears and sobs exchanged but no words.

This was more painful that she thought it was going to be.

And then yet they're going back with unfixable shattered hearts.

Sleepless nights full of tears and regrets.

Maeri thought this was better.

Jisung thought this was stupid.

It was just so hard to let go.

A first love of three months that was longed for seven months and didn't work after almost a year.

It was so hard for them to let go.

But it's for the best. Right?

Renjun stood across Chenle in the younger's bedroom

Chenle sat on the edge of his bed with his head hung low, hands leaning on either side of his from behind.

Renjun had his hands on his waist and his eyes searched Chenle's face with the already readable expression written on the younger's features. "Chenle be honest with me." he started. "What was that earlier?" he raised a brow, looking down at the younger like a dad scolding his child.

"I brought her back?" he muttered out sounding more like a question than an answer.

"No, not that. You know what I'm talking about." he tapped his foot on the floor, waiting for the other's answer.

"I don't know what you're talking about." he looked up at Renjun, brows furrowed in confusion.

"Earlier, that look you gave Maeri and Jisung when you were going after them. What was that? Don't play dumb with me Zhong, I know you all too well." he squinted his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest, eyes boring onto the younger as if he was interrogating in a police station.

Chenle looked directly into the elder's eyes, brows still furrowed and his hands were already forming into balls of fists beside him just thinking about it. "I don't know." he answered. "It's nothing."

Renjun scoffed. "Nothing? You call that nothing? Chenle.... the way your eyes look at Maeri and the way your hands balled into fists when Jisung chased after her. You call that nothing?" he pointed in the air, jabbing his finger at nothing.

"What do you wnat me to do? It's nothing alright?" Chenle rolled his eyes but deep inside he felt a non-existent blow to his stomach that had his walls slowly crashing down until he was no longer untouchable.

He hated how Renjun just knew him like a real brother.

He sometimes wished he was the older one.

Chenle despised it so much how Renjun could see through him like he was an open book waiting to be read.

"Don't tell me...." he squinted his eyes more.

Although, Renjun knew the answer already, he just needed to catch the younger red handed.

He's not gonna confirm anything unless it comes out of Chenle's mouth.

"Don't tell you what?"

"Have you grown a liking towards Maeri?"

Those words sent a huge blow to Chenle's gut.

The younger widens his eyes.

Renjun could see it all clearly.

"No, why would I?"

1st denial.

"You wouldn't be acting that way if you didn't, Zhong Chenle." he pointed, pushing the truth to come out of the younger's mouth.

"I don't know why I acted that why. Ugh why are you even asking?" Chenle rubbed his face in a frustrated manner, his elbows leaning on his thighs as he hunched over.

"Tell me what you feel about Maeri." Renjun straight up confronted.

"She's just a friend. Okay? I don't see her any different from anyone." he answers right away, wanting to avoid the elder's further questioning even though he knows it wasn't just gonna end there.

"How does she make you feel?"

"She makes me feel......." Chenle couldn't find himself to finish the sentence.

"Makes you feel?" This was worrying Renjun already as he waited for the younger to continue.

"I don't know, I can't explain." his expression drops, head still hanging low and his fingers were laced with each other as he couldn't find the right words to say whatever it was.

"What do you think of when you see her?"

Chenle sighed. "I- I think of nothing but us."

He has his answer.

Renjun wanted anything to happen but this. "So you do like her." taking a step backward as he sighed frustratedly.

He saw this coming but it's still different when he gets a direct answer.

"I can't like her."

"For fucks sake Chenle, you already do. Since when?"

"I- I don't know. It's just I thought I wouldn't feel this way towards her."

"You thought wrong. Now you're hurting yourself letting her go because you're a selfless asshole." Renjun scoffed. "I saw this coming. That's why I told you not to meet her."

"I don't know what to do." Chenle muttered out almost a whisper.

Every single word from Renjun felt like a blow to his gut.

The truth piercing his chest and the truth slowly came out instead of blood.

What exactly was the truth?

He would never really know unless he finds out by himself.

Yes update :)) I'm slowly finding the motivation to finish this baby sadly this book is a short part 2 and this book will be the end of the dream series 1st season omg aksbsjjd

anyhoes hope you guys liked it. Love y'all.

ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴍɪᴅɴɪɢʜᴛ | Z.C.LOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara