Chapter Eight: Epilogue

Começar do início

"Okay, I will." She laughed and he squeezed her once more, savoring her warmth.

"This isn't the official proposal by the way, you deserve something far nicer than all this, but I just want you to know that I'm ready if you are." Spencer clarified and she threw her head back with laughter. Spencer's heart soared at the sound.

Spencer took that statement and ran with it. He teased her every chance he got. At one dinner date they had planned, he had the nerve to begin his sentence with her full name, her heart dropping to her gut.

"Y/N Y/L/N, would you do me the honor of...sharing this fine wine with me?" Spencer said smugly, resulting in a shocked, but somehow relieved scoff coming from her.

A different time, he decided to give her a false alarm during one of their daily lunch walks in the park nearest to Quantico. He knelt down to one of his knees in the middle of their promenade.

"Y/N Y/L/N, will you...wait for me while I tie my shoe?" Spencer asked with a face-splitting grin. This time, she didn't hesitate to shove his shoulder slightly, causing him to lose balance and almost faceplant into the pavement.

At this point, she truly had no idea when he was going to pop the big question. Knowing him, it could literally be at any point in time. She had to admit, though, he kept her on her toes. A month later, she was sure he'd pop the question during JJ's wedding reception because of the way he was staring at her all night. He'd looked dreamy in his tux to say the least. Y/N was almost too shy to dance with him because of how magnificent he looked. What she didn't know was that he was thinking the same exact thing about her. She looked exquisite in her evening gown she adorned and Spencer was absolutely enraptured by her.

Being so surrounded by love and admiration, Spencer finally asked her to marry him the second they made it through her front door. They stood in the small hallway between the kitchen and the living room. She had just turned around from taking her heels off and was met with Spencer down on one knee, holding the most beautiful ring out to her in a navy blue velvet box.

"I had this elaborate speech planned, Y/N, I really did. I was going to talk about the stars, about the first conversation we had when I told you about the origins of yogurt, about how stupid we were for not realizing our love for each other earlier, but I realized that none of that matters right now. All I know is that this feels right, you make everything feel right. Will you marry me?" Spencer asked, his face incapable of hiding even a sliver of the adoration he felt for her.

"Yes, I'll marry you in every lifetime and every universe." She said, tears falling freely from her eyes. He sprang to his feet and wrapped her up in a long awaited embrace. He felt her body shake with wet laughter against his. He placed the ring on her finger and quickly kissed her passionately. Their giddy giggles flew through and around them.

Spencer knew she didn't want a long engagement. Her previous engagement was hard enough of the both of them. Their jobs were just so demanding, it was hard to set a date and keep from pushing it back. Their wedding planner was beyond frustrated with them, but what can they do? They're literally out there saving lives. And before they knew it, two years had passed them by and they were due to be married in two months.

But, alas, Spencer Reid seemed to have a knack for getting shot by unsubs right before weddings. While they were investigating a difficult case in Texas, Spencer was shot in the neck. Y/N was at the police station when she'd heard. She wasn't sure who took her to the hospital to see him, everything was a blur since she got the call. She was plagued by the fear of losing him.

She'd overheard Alex Blake and JJ discuss how he'd always wanted children when she arrived at the hospital. In the back of her mind, she screamed that she'd give him all the kids he wanted, if the universe just let them breathe.